Sign in to follow this  
DD9915D!!!

Subwoofer terminals

I have seen on a few places here that people are noting the dif between using push teminals and a piece of 8AWG wire soldered to the tinsel leads and the ensuing point of both side of the discussion is "Well, that adds resistance"

I will be posting a vid of my findings, seeing as how all talk is speculative, mine included.

Testing one piece of 8AWG on a 1ohm coil - .01ohms

Testing one piece of 8AWG by itself - .01ohms

Testing one - Push Terminal - .02ohms

Testing one + Push Terminal - .02ohms

Testing one other - Push Terminal - .02ohms

Further testing -

I left the frame for an American Bass XFL12 D4(frame only) in the freezer for a week and its resistance reached 3.7ohms.

This is not a difinitive test, the wind could have been blowing a certain direction on this day, humidity might have been above average, a bird that sat on high tension power line too long might have flown over my house, or my neighbor might have an unusually high iron content in his blood stream. Please cosider you may or may no have the same results.

I have seen on a few places here that people are noting the dif between using push teminals and a piece of 8AWG wire soldered to the tinsel leads and the ensuing point of both side of the discussion is "Well, that adds resistance"

I will be posting a vid of my findings, seeing as how all talk is speculative, mine included.

Testing one piece of 8AWG on a 1ohm coil - .01ohms

Testing one piece of 8AWG by itself - .01ohms

Testing one - Push Terminal - .02ohms

Testing one + Push Terminal - .02ohms

Testing one other - Push Terminal - .02ohms

Further testing -

I left the frame for an American Bass XFL12 D4(frame only) in the freezer for a week and its resistance reached 3.7ohms.

This is not a difinitive test, the wind could have been blowing a certain direction on this day, humidity might have been above average, a bird that sat on high tension power line too long might have flown over my house, or my neighbor might have an unusually high iron content in his blood stream. Please cosider you may or may no have the same results.

So have you conduced any testing on solder? I'm going to use 8awg power wire knu has got it cheep and would like to limit the connections as much as posiable. using your data from above 3 dual speakers would be 12 times. Your data beggs to question:

What the results would be under a load?

What the results would be using lugs on one end?

What the results would be using bolt through box terminals?