Gioia69

22"?

i remember there being talk a while ago, about some 22" BTLs and i think the BLs too. are those still coming soon or are they out of the picture now? i havent heard anything about them in a long while...

i heard about it at some spl events....

but i want a 22" q or maybe they could just make a whole new line of speakers... you can get your 22 in what ever setting you want... SQ """SQL""" or SPL

Edited by shanesnofear

I've been told that it's on the back burner several times. In a thread about the Ascendant Audio/SMD sub they said that it may be out in a 22 if there is enough demand after the 1st quarter of 2010. I'll let someone who knows the specifics answer, but I would imagine the larger cone would really benefit from the motor strength of the BL or BTL more than a q or ssd.

I think the BTL should be the first project :)

2202z.jpg

Saw this pic while back. 22>18>15>12>10>8

Edited by The enD

I've been told that it's on the back burner several times. In a thread about the Ascendant Audio/*** sub they said that it may be out in a 22 if there is enough demand after the 1st quarter of 2010. I'll let someone who knows the specifics answer, but I would imagine the larger cone would really benefit from the motor strength of the BL or BTL more than a q or ssd.

yeah if i remember right i think i saw something about this on ROE a long while back. and i think one of the guys from Fi said they were only gonna do the BTL and BL. but dont hold me to this, i dont wanna be the one responsible for false rumors.

I've been told that it's on the back burner several times. In a thread about the Ascendant Audio/*** sub they said that it may be out in a 22 if there is enough demand after the 1st quarter of 2010. I'll let someone who knows the specifics answer, but I would imagine the larger cone would really benefit from the motor strength of the BL or BTL more than a q or ssd.

yeah if i remember right i think i saw something about this on ROE a long while back. and i think one of the guys from Fi said they were only gonna do the BTL and BL. but dont hold me to this, i dont wanna be the one responsible for false rumors.

If I remember correctly they were going to make the BTL an BL 22" for sure, the Q is a little more difficult because of it's lower motor strength but Scott was working on it, the SSD can't be a 22" for that reason.

i think there would be plenty demand for it too. i know if i had an SUV, id much rather run 2 22s than 4 18s cuz im guessing a 22's optimal enclosure would be like 10 or 11 cubes. where as thats the minimal enclosure for 2 18s. obviously thats a pretty extreme setup but i think thered be plenty of people that would do up the 22s, for sure.

We did that tooling and had a bunch of issues with draft angles and such...we're going to look into another option when it makes sense for us to do so..as scott said after 1st quarter 2010

I didn't like the way the 12 spoke turned out after doing stress testing on it. But this is why you do testing like that..so something that is going to fail does not make it to the market. In house failure is fine as it isn't ever in the consumers hands. We'll see what this year brings :)

We did that tooling and had a bunch of issues with draft angles and such...we're going to look into another option when it makes sense for us to do so..as scott said after 1st quarter 2010

I didn't like the way the 12 spoke turned out after doing stress testing on it. But this is why you do testing like that..so something that is going to fail does not make it to the market. In house failure is fine as it isn't ever in the consumers hands. We'll see what this year brings :)

Is it possible to tool a LMS style 22" basket? The S.M.D. basket?

Sure...but it becomes a return on investment issue...

You are looking at a ballpark of $50,000 for a die cast tooling like that...if not more.

Allocate that..over a period of time..and we've got to sell 250,000 of those or so for it to make economical sense. I've got other solutions to the problem to keep the cost down to the end guy, but doing something of that nature does not make sense from a financial standpoint.

We'll do what makes the most financial sense to do, having something like that stuck on the balance sheet throwing things off that do not return as fast as other things simply does not make sense at this point and time. :)

Sure...but it becomes a return on investment issue...

You are looking at a ballpark of $50,000 for a die cast tooling like that...if not more.

Allocate that..over a period of time..and we've got to sell 250,000 of those or so for it to make economical sense. I've got other solutions to the problem to keep the cost down to the end guy, but doing something of that nature does not make sense from a financial standpoint.

We'll do what makes the most financial sense to do, having something like that stuck on the balance sheet throwing things off that do not return as fast as other things simply does not make sense at this point and time. :)

It's really difficult to tool a new asskicking sub huh? Hahaha Incrimminator managed to tool a 21" that they have has success with, I'm sure you and Scott can manage ;)

I may be wrong, but I do not think IA tooled that basket. . .

I figured, but they got a hold of it somehow right?

I may be wrong, but I do not think IA tooled that basket. . .

I figured, but they got a hold of it somehow right?

That's a pro sound basket that has been around since the early 1980's..

As I said..i've got a solution for the issue..it's just not going to happen right now..we'll see after 1st quarter.