PHATBOi

RE SX Version 1 1200-1500 rms daily?

Anyone know if the RE SX will run 12 - 1500 rms daily?

yes.

How you like the AP30001D? Everyone I have talked to that has owned one says they love them. I am thinking of running two SX 10s off of one.

love mine. I'd buy more if I needed it. Heres a link to a new testing just done by someone else on another forum Real World AP3000D Tests !!!! - Car Audio Classifieds

I think those subs would take the power with no problems. Get them to be able to wire down to 2 ohms. I know the SX can handle some power. I'd recommend a high output alternator though.

Yeah the alt will be a future peoject. My voltage is regulated by my ecu, so either pay an arm and a leg for a special setup with a dummy signal for the ecu or remove the ac and do a second alt dedicated to the audio system. I am going to do the second alt as soon as the ole lady gets a grocery getter and I have the car to myself. She can't go without ac lol. I found a hell of a deal on 2 d2 RE SX 10s for $330 shipped. SO far everyone says they are beefy little subs. I just think it would be awsome to run 3K on 2 10s lol.

Edited by PHATBOi

Your Fi SSDs take it well?

easy. I tested for a long time and they didn't even get hot. And I know what you mean with the alternator problem. My ECU turned the alternator really down low or off at idle so it sucked but get to talking with DC Power and you can get hooked up. Tell Rob at DC Power I sent you.

easy. I tested for a long time and they didn't even get hot. And I know what you mean with the alternator problem. My ECU turned the alternator really down low or off at idle so it sucked but get to talking with DC Power and you can get hooked up. Tell Rob at DC Power I sent you.

Cool man thanks. Appeciate the info. It's down to either the two SXs or 1 AA Mayhem. I don't have an official price on the Mayhem yet, but I think it is going to be out of my budget. 2 10s > 1 12 anyways right? More cone area and 2 coils is a better deal right?

cone area is right. but depending on the amount of power you send to each set-up and what you want to do with the set-up will dictate if more coils is better or not. There is a lot that goes into it. Is this daily or for a competition?

cone area is right. but depending on the amount of power you send to each set-up and what you want to do with the set-up will dictate if more coils is better or not. There is a lot that goes into it. Is this daily or for a competition?

Daily ground pounder, I like the lows, slowed down rap, andImight jump in a comp sor shits and giggles when they come to town.

BTW it will be the AP30001D for either setup, my mind is set on the amp.

well it will depend on which comp and what class as well. If you are going to be in a class that limits power like MECA limits fuse size then less coils would be better. However, if you want a daily ground and pound then more coils would be less likely to heat up. I'd do the two SXs if you have the space for them and your main goal is daily.

Thanks phi. Appreciate the help and info. I just don't think I will be able to get what I'm lookin for out of the HDC312. They are great subs imo if you are lookin for spl, but I want to be able to get low. I think the SX will get me there. I have heard nothing but good things about them. I'm thinking 2.2^3 net tuned to 32Hz. Anyone have input on this. The RE site says 1.0 to 1.25 per sub @ 34 - 35Hz.