hove

mli6.5 issue

i orderd a set of 2 mli's from SSA store for my front stage active setup. one of the mli's work great VERY loud n clear with my 100.4. the other mli works but it is very muffled. when i first installed it i only turned the HU up to about 15 just to get some sound from them and i noticed the one mli was muffled. i played with it a bit checked all the wires no cuts no issues.

i am not sure how to test the speaker on a DMM?

i might have just recived a bad speaker?

what do you guys think?

thanks!

Edited by hove

perhaps it is out of Phase

no not that i tryed everything i could think of.

does SSA store cover this? if not they dont have them posted on the SSA store anymore so does that mean i cant buy another one :(

Are you sure its not the crossover settings? Maybe you can switch the pair and see what happens?

does SSA store cover this? if not they dont have them posted on the SSA store anymore so does that mean i cant buy another one sad.gif

You can email Mark directly at sales@mach5audio.com. The site is under construction so its the only way to get them.

Are you sure its not the crossover settings? Maybe you can switch the pair and see what happens?

i will try that. i hope that will work. i have a feeling it might be me doing something wrong.

when i use the fade on my HU it doesent fade the speakers correctly would that be an issue with the way the RCAS are?

perhaps it is out of Phase

no not that i tryed everything i could think of.

does SSA store cover this? if not they dont have them posted on the SSA store anymore so does that mean i cant buy another one :(

Hove, if you can, take the driver out of your install and hold it up to eye level. Check to see if the surround is unlevel. Snap a picture of it if it is and shoot it to me.

Thanks,

Mark

I'm going to assume you switched the speakers (hooked up the muffled speaker to the speaker wire the good speaker was connected to) after you noticed the problem, right?

To see if you have a blown speaker just set your dmm to ohms and put your leads on the speaker wire connectors, you should get a reading that's very close to the ohm rating of the speaker, generally at least within a half ohm.

sorry its takin me a while to respond no internet at home.

i will take a pic and send it to you mark but it seems like the surround is level.

i did try it on the side that works and still muffled.

i did check with a DMM and it reads 3.5 ohms