Sign in to follow this  
cheese20323

SAE1200d or SAZ1000d

Ill be buying a new amp soon. Ill be putting this amp on 3 10 re srx. The amp will be on the stock electrical and I might do the big 3 upgrade. And i might be getting an amp for my highs and mids. I have the alpine type r 5x7. They are 100wrms each. My budget on the amp is spending no more than 150 for the high amp. For the sub amp i will be spending no more than 280$ Oh and the amps i could get the SAE 1200d for 211 refurbished and the SAZ1000d for 197 refurbished. They will be on a 2000 f250

Ill be buying a new amp soon. Ill be putting this amp on 3 10 re srx. The amp will be on the stock electrical and I might do the big 3 upgrade. And i might be getting an amp for my highs and mids. I have the alpine type r 5x7. They are 100wrms each. My budget on the amp is spending no more than 150 for the high amp. For the sub amp i will be spending no more than 280$ Oh and the amps i could get the SAE 1200d for 211 refurbished and the SAZ1000d for 197 refurbished. They will be on a 2000 f250

The biggest difference that I noticed between the SAE 1200D and the SAZ-1000D is that the SAZ is strappable, while the SAE is not. If you are not planning on getting a second amp, (for your subs), then get more power with the SAE-1200D. If your budget for the highs amp is 150, then look on db-r, there is an SAX-50.4 for about that price refurbished. Goes nicely with either of those sub amps.

Edited by Don Ganso

The biggest difference that I noticed between the SAE 1200D and the SAZ-1000D is that the SAZ is strappable, while the SAE is not. If you are not planning on getting a second amp, (for your subs), then get more power with the SAE-1200D. If your budget for the highs amp is 150, then look on db-r, there is an SAX-50.4 for about that price refurbished. Goes nicely with either of those sub amps.

For sure ill get the SAX50.4 refurb for 153$ The sub amp that i want is the saz 1000d but i believe that the saz has more current draw than the sae 1200d

For sure ill get the SAX50.4 refurb for 153$ The sub amp that i want is the saz 1000d but i believe that the saz has more current draw than the sae 1200d

Another thing is that the SAZ is stable on an 18v electrical system, while the SAE stops at 15v... Although I've heard of someone who "accidentally" ran the SAE-1200D, (v2) on 17v electrical and had no problems... I guess it is up to you, but if competition is not for you now or later, I guess the SAE has more power... That's just my .02