Sign in to follow this  
alexj01_83

100.4 setup questions

I just purchased my sundown100.4 for my front stage. I will be running 6.5's in the kicks and two 3 inch full ways in each of my pillars. I will band-pass 3&4 , for example channels 3&4 will have the subsonic filter set at 150 hz, then I will set the Low pass frequency crossover at 4,500Hz for the 6.5's. Channels 1&2 would be set on High Pass and the High Pass Crossover set at 750Hz for my pillars. I will be running tweeters on channels 1&2 also, those will have a high pass crossover set a 5,000hz run in-line. The rest will be active.

I was wondering can i use my o scope to set the dials on the 100.4 crossover, as they don't have any accurate markings on them, neither do they click. The amp also has a switch with 12dB and 24dB Octave, how will this affect my tuning. My goal is something that pleases me not necessarily sq. When i was looking for a passive crossover I found theseCrossover Tweeter Lamps ,has any one ever used them? Do they serve there purpose or should i stay away from them? This is my first time doing such a setup and any helpful comments or insights would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks.