I am trying to decide between (2) new AudioQue 2200ds or (2) used or refurbished Sundown SAZ-2000ds. I want to spend less than 800 and will be driving 4 D4 Elemental Designs 13Av.2s. I want to link 2 and I am hoping to get around 1100 to 1300 to each sub and they will be in a new box slightly over 8.8 ft.^3 tuned to 29hz. I have proper electrical so that won't be an issue so just some opinions on what your experiences are with the amps and which ones you would buy. Thanks.

Both great amps, both do rated and a little more, both have warranty, both will get the job done. Tough one, flip a coin. Good luck.

Both great amps, both do rated and a little more, both have warranty, both will get the job done. Tough one, flip a coin. Good luck.

x2, it is a decision that you have to make. I dont buy used but I would take Sundown all day over Audioque but both amps will be perfect for your application. You wont hear the difference between the two at all.

its hard to compare a new amp to a used one, because theres really no knowing how much wear and tare is on that used amp. if you were to compare them when they are both new, i would say roll with Audioque if budget is the main issue, and sundown if you want a quality, beefy ass board that will most likely last longer than the audioque.

Is there anywhere to get refurbished sundown 2000ds that carry a warranty? I would like something to last a long time and that I will be able to maybe run at a higher impedance later for my SQ set up that I am going to do. I am guessing the sundown would be better for SQ right? (only have heard the saz-3000d that was dropped to .5, sounded great though)

Is there anywhere to get refurbished sundown 2000ds that carry a warranty? I would like something to last a long time and that I will be able to maybe run at a higher impedance later for my SQ set up that I am going to do. I am guessing the sundown would be better for SQ right? (only have heard the saz-3000d that was dropped to .5, sounded great though)

I've got one BNIB for $500, with warranty that starts when you buy it. It's my last one.

I've got one BNIB for $500, with warranty that starts when you buy it. It's my last one.

OP just for your information this guy is very cool, friends with Jake. I bought one saz-2000D from him... he is legit.

db-r sells refurbished amps. heres the link to the SAZ-2000D. $382.50 Refurbished SAZ-2000D : dB-r Electronics, Online Store

db-r sells refurbished amps. heres the link to the SAZ-2000D. $382.50 Refurbished SAZ-2000D : dB-r Electronics, Online Store

to bad theres none left

to bad theres none left

Do you know if they are ever getting more in stock? And 500 is maybe out of my price range, I might go with the 2200d if that's the lowest I can get them.

AQ 2200 -$389 shipped

SAZ 2000 $615 shipped

And who knows how long any amp will live, could be a week, could be ten yrs. That's up to the user

Edited by corrie3232

You probably aren't going to encounter customer service from any company that sells amps better than sundown's customer service.

if db-r has one back in stock sometime soon, they DO come with a 1 year warranty, or at least my 3000d did. I have no experience with Audioque, so i can't help there man but i can assure if you buy a used amp from db-r, it will come in mechanically new condition and besides cosmetic damages, which in my experience were very minimal, you won't be able to tell its not new.

hope i helped

Jake is correct, all dB-r amplifiers carry a one year warranty.

I guess it is a coin flip then. Anyone have a lot of experience with AQs customer service, they do have a 2 year warranty.

I guess it is a coin flip then. Anyone have a lot of experience with AQs customer service, they do have a 2 year warranty.

You'll be using that warranty ;)

You'll be using that warranty ;)

Yeah I guess I believe you get what you pay for. Maybe I will wait for those sundowns.... if i can wait haha. I am way too compulsive.

I waited for my Sundown when I bought on presale in May, received it in July and still havent installed it. :suicide-santa: ( I need bass). I cant speak on products since I dont use them but I havent heard of them having problems and some members on here run them with great performance flawlessly.

I waited for my Sundown when I bought on presale in May, received it in July and still havent installed it. :suicide-santa: ( I need bass). I cant speak on there products since I dont use them but I havent heard of them having problems and some members on here run them with great performance flawlessly.

Like me :)

I waited for my Sundown when I bought on presale in May, received it in July and still havent installed it. :suicide-santa: ( I need bass). I cant speak on there products since I dont use them but I havent heard of them having problems and some members on here run them with great performance flawlessly.

When I said I cant speak on there products I was talking about Audioque's, guess I should of clarified that one. I use Sundown, only one amp from my signature for now that is installed.

When I said I cant speak on there products I was talking about Audioque's, guess I should of clarified that one. I use Sundown, only one amp from my signature for now that is installed.

Sorry I thought you were talking about Sundown. Boo AQ :bull:

sundown FTW!

but again, it's your money and only YOU can make the decision ;)

sundown FTW!

but again, it's your money and only YOU can make the decision ;)

Oh decisions decisions. I am just going to wait for sundowns, if nothing comes up, AQ it is. Now I just need to stop looking around and getting interested in other amps. What I would do for 2 c2k-9.0s or that arc se4000.

yes they have a 2 yr warranty

And i can't speak for everyone here, but what really is customer service?? i've been in this game a long time and never had to use customer service, becasue i've never had any problems with anything i've bought be it sub or amps. If you have a good product , why would u ever need to call customer service. ( to ask how you're doing) And to the people that actually calls customer service, WHY, i just wanna know.

Edited by corrie3232

I like Audioque, there customer service is great. Dj is great guy and there products are the same. Sundown is an awesome company as well dont get me wrong, but as said before you wont hear the difference between the two.. i heard/seen them both on the same sub/box/car, proformance was very good. The AQ2200 is REALLY cheaper and it's new. I'd rather have a new fresh amp then one that was blown up.. ONLY if the company rebuilt the amp i would get a fixed amp, cause itd be like new.. no?

My vote - Audioque.