mdever12

12" fi bl or 12" AA Havoc

WHats up guys. I'm looking to buy a new sub. I have a 04 pontiac grand prix. I'm looking for a sub thats going to get loud and hit hard. I'm stuck between a fully loaded BL 12" and a AA Havoc 12". I wanted to run it at 1ohm on a AQ1200D. Im also wondering what electrical upgrades im going to need to make. My electrical is all stock now. MY budget for the box, amp, and sub is around $600-$750. Thanks guys!

well besides the havoc being rated for 250 watts more than the BL there aren't really any big differences, besides:

with the BL you have options. (universal, cooling, etc) with the havoc you don't have those options. it's basically d1 or d2 and that's it.

WHats up guys. I'm looking to buy a new sub. I have a 04 pontiac grand prix. I'm looking for a sub thats going to get loud and hit hard. I'm stuck between a fully loaded BL 12" and a AA Havoc 12". I wanted to run it at 1ohm on a AQ1200D. Im also wondering what electrical upgrades im going to need to make. My electrical is all stock now. MY budget for the box, amp, and sub is around $600-$750. Thanks guys!

Big 3 wiring, a voltmeter to monitor voltage and a secondary battery to provide power for that AQ1200 amp. The BL sounds like it for you from your sound preferences but the Havoc is a good speaker to (just may come down to a toin coss).

Big 3 wiring, a voltmeter to monitor voltage and a secondary battery to provide power for that AQ1200 amp. The BL sounds like it for you from your sound preferences but the Havoc is a good speaker to (just may come down to a toin coss).

any idea on the size of battery? and would a bigger battery up front be ok? thanks.

A bigger battery upfront will be okay but you will still probably need another battery for your amp, it depends on stock alternator size and the voltage drops your having. A battery with at least 60Ah or more should due, but the best way to tell is install it first and watch your voltage then make a decision from there.

A bigger battery upfront will be okay but you will still probably need another battery for your amp, it depends on stock alternator size and the voltage drops your having. A battery with at least 60Ah or more should due, but the best way to tell is install it first and watch your voltage then make a decision from there.

ok. am i going to have to charge the 2nd battery

usually most batteries come charged to you, but you can charge it if it needs it when you get it. I would buy an agm charger just to charge it from time to time to take some of the work off of your alternator but it is up to you (really depends on your listening habits).