Sign in to follow this  
Frostedflakejake

2 way system question

so im looking at some two way 6.5" component systems

If im only doing front stage, i still need a four channel amp, right?

2 channels for the two 6.5's, and 2 for the tweets?

i just want to make sure because i'm trying to take advantage of the amps on db-r before they are gone.... :ehh:

thanks!

so im looking at some two way 6.5" component systems

If im only doing front stage, i still need a four channel amp, right?

2 channels for the two 6.5's, and 2 for the tweets?

i just want to make sure because i'm trying to take advantage of the amps on db-r before they are gone.... :ehh:

thanks!

If your gonna run them active then yeah you will need a 4 channel amp but if your gonna use the crossovers that come with speakers then you will only need a 2 ch. amp.

ah excellent. thanks for clearing up the confusion. I had read people running them with a 2 channel, and other people running with a 4.

Thank you!

:woot:

Not a problem at all, your gonna have to give me a review on that battery when you get it in and installed since Im curious on how the Shuriken batteries hold up.

yeah will do for sure

I was hoping to get a kinetik but no one has them and i just learned that they are moving all their warehouses and production plants?? or something like that? that's what wooferect.com told me, so im literally ordering the shuriken right now. I figured it was a comparable replacement

Yeah I heard they are replacement from a shop owner who swiched out to them from the Kinetiks, but the only way is to test rather then speculate like most will.