BigBadRod

New Box for 300c trunk, it spare tire spot

I have a company to build my box, but I am not feeling very comfortable with what they are capable of. So, I want to show up with ideal measurements in hand and make sure they don't make a mistake.

I have a 15 inch BL fully loaded dual 2 and will be running 1000w RMS to it. I need to build the box into the spare tire well and up a bit. I want to know where I should fire the port and roughly how many sqft I need and how to configure the port. Currently, I have a sealed box firing straight up. Its okay, but not great. The sub will be at he very back of the trunk, should I fire the port at an angle towards the rear window with the sub firing up?

I have a company to build my box, but I am not feeling very comfortable with what they are capable of. So, I want to show up with ideal measurements in hand and make sure they don't make a mistake.

I have a 15 inch BL fully loaded dual 2 and will be running 1000w RMS to it. I need to build the box into the spare tire well and up a bit. I want to know where I should fire the port and roughly how many sqft I need and how to configure the port. Currently, I have a sealed box firing straight up. Its okay, but not great. The sub will be at he very back of the trunk, should I fire the port at an angle towards the rear window with the sub firing up?

What are the max dimensions to work with?

My tire well is about 14 inches deep by about 22 inches wide, it then opens up into the trunk where I about 4 feet wide x 2 feet long by a foot tall.

Another quick question, I am considering firing the sub back towards the trunk with the port firing up into the cabin through the rear speaker deck under the window. THe other option was to fire straight up from the rear of the trunk with the port being back there. I know every car is different, but which will likely give the best sound...

Another quick question, I am considering firing the sub back towards the trunk with the port firing up into the cabin through the rear speaker deck under the window. THe other option was to fire straight up from the rear of the trunk with the port being back there. I know every car is different, but which will likely give the best sound...

i just finished my new box for my magnum the 1st one has subs up port up the new is subs and port to the rear and this is the better sounding of the 2 and it actually sounds like its a different set up. ive always had the best luck with subs and port to the rear.