keetykush

I Need A Box For a 15" IA Lethal Injection

Fisher Customs, had some shipping issue to my area according to their site.... Audible Customs had a taxing issue within our state, so then I rushed and got a shop to build a box. The box they built was 200 dollars, and it didn't fit by inches... but they went by the specs I gave them... so I was the one in fault. I really need this box, and after seeing a post about another box being 170 shipped.. that sounded nice. I need it to fit my 09 Charger SXT... if you've had any experience with Chargers that would be cool to tell me ( so I know you have an idea of what you're working with... I can still get measurements. The last box I had went by the dimensions of the smaller icon 15" enclosure provided by SSA in the tech section...too big. This box needs to be smaller then.. well that's obvious but alright hit me up.

What I can do is use aero ports instead of a slot port to save space and the price would not jump much at all. What dimensions where you working with so I can get a general idea. For the Lethal Injection 15 3-4 cubes is what the IA website recommends. What size were you looking for?

Also an flush mount or double baffle? Each option adds only $5.

Andrew

Ok ...3 cubes, I know the last box was way too wide... and also a little too high.... I need to go measure... its confusing though because the Charger trunk starts to slope down

Edited by keetykush

If you could just give the the dimensions of your old box I will come up with a new design and see if that works for you. Also you mentioned it was too wide and too high, so do you have any objections to it taking up more of your trunk in terms of depth?

Andrew

Well the over all height of the sub is 15.5 Inches so I guess I could make it 16 Inches tall and you would only have a half an inch on the top and bottom. Is that ok with you?

Word... looking forward to it... gonna check back tonight when I get home from the city.

I have credit and debut... but its prepaid debut like one of those Visa cards( that's what I really need to use since I already charged the max on credit) if you know if that is doable that would be a good thing.

Edited by keetykush

I do not think flush will be possible with only .25 of an inch on the top and bottom with the box being only 16 inches tall, and the sub being 15.5 inches tall. That does also not take into account a gap to get the sub inside the circle for the flush mount.

Andrew

I do not think flush will be possible with only .25 of an inch on the top and bottom with the box being only 16 inches tall, and the sub being 15.5 inches tall. That does also not take into account a gap to get the sub inside the circle for the flush mount.

Andrew

Alright, I can live without the flush... just keep me informed.

Ok here is the first set of dimensions I came up with

L - 32.00 Inches

D - 19.50 Inches

H - 16.00 Inches

I can make it deeper and not as wide (length).

Andrew

keety, I recommend that you build a mock box and make sure it fits this time. A little cardboard can go a long way in insuring a fit.

^^^ I was just thinking the same thing as M5. If you're gonna get someone else to do it, you need to make sure it's gonna work before you throw down the $$$.

keety, I recommend that you build a mock box and make sure it fits this time. A little cardboard can go a long way in insuring a fit.

x2, just cause the measuring tape says it will fit does not mean it will fit (luckily I did a mock up or otherwise would of built a box that didnt fit in my trunk).

No, I haven't had access to cardboard to make one. Anyone else have experience with putting a box in a Charger?

On second thoughts I might have access to one to play around with, I shall let you know about my findings tomorrow.

Andrew

Go to your local liquor store and ask them for some boxes. They will always have some. If not, they already broke them down on a pallet and then its even better!

As for now no, I'm still waiting for my friend to get back to me that has one.

Andrew