Hey All,

I was just wondering what electrical necessities I would need. I have a 99 Honda Accord Sedan. Right now I have stock alt, Kinetik HC1800 up front and 0/1 guage wiring for my sundown 100.4. That is all currently hooked up. I was planning on hooking up my next amplifier which would be the Sundown 1500d with either a 12 or 15 FI BL. I think I am leaning towards a 12 because of space issues in the trunk. Anyways what other electrical upgrades do I need?

Would I need a second battery in the rear?

Would i need a new high output alternator?

Or is this even necessary?

Thanks for all the help

First off, it would be wise to do the big 3 in 1/0 wire. Then install a voltmeter. Try it from there and see what kind of voltage dips you get to know how much farther to go when you install the 1500D.

First off, it would be wise to do the big 3 in 1/0 wire. Then install a voltmeter. Try it from there and see what kind of voltage dips you get to know how much farther to go when you install the 1500D.

ok that sounds good. ill have to research how to do it for an accord.

if you are having voltage drop after the big three and all, look into a new starting battery (assuming you have a stock one now) these are very nice :drink40:

if you are having voltage drop after the big three and all, look into a new starting battery (assuming you have a stock one now) these are very nice :drink40:

He already has a new starting battery the Kinetik is upfront.

OP, welcome and as stated earlier Big 3 and voltmeter should be your first steps and then go from there. No Ho Alternator wont be needed but more than likely a second battery will be needed but that depends on your listening habits and if you have voltage drops or not. What size is your stock alt?

Hey All,

I was just wondering what electrical necessities I would need. I have a 99 Honda Accord Sedan. Right now I have stock alt, Kinetik HC1800 up front and 0/1 guage wiring for my sundown 100.4. That is all currently hooked up. I was planning on hooking up my next amplifier which would be the Sundown 1500d with either a 12 or 15 FI BL. I think I am leaning towards a 12 because of space issues in the trunk. Anyways what other electrical upgrades do I need?

Would I need a second battery in the rear?

Would i need a new high output alternator?

Or is this even necessary?

Thanks for all the help

Couple guys in my home town run a hc1800+an hc1200 in back for 1860 watts and another runs a KR5112 up front and a KR1212 in back for 1900 watts, the first is on a 105 amp stock alt and the later ran the fall with a stock 110 amp alt but has a new 240 amp alt to put on in the spring.

OP, welcome and as stated earlier Big 3 and voltmeter should be your first steps and then go from there. No Ho Alternator wont be needed but more than likely a second battery will be needed but that depends on your listening habits and if you have voltage drops or not.

Ok thanks for all the good advice

OP, welcome and as stated earlier Big 3 and voltmeter should be your first steps and then go from there. No Ho Alternator wont be needed but more than likely a second battery will be needed but that depends on your listening habits and if you have voltage drops or not.

oh my bad i missed that!

Thanks everyone for help. I will be back in a couple days to update things.

Ill check voltage and things. Then add my amplifier.

I think ill like this place over CA.com any day. Too much crap over there sometimes

Edited by bmoney9

Thanks everyone for help. I will be back in a couple days to update things.

Ill check voltage and things. Then add my amplifier.

I think ill like this place over CA.com any day. Too much crap over there sometimes

I havent been there on that forum but I have heard the same things about it (this is the only car audio forum I joined besides Image Dynamics but that was just for product information). Good luck with install and dont forget pictures.