master_jbb3

amp trouble with my sae 1200 :-(

Db-r who I purchased it from is talking $90 to rebuild it. I know my boy who I got to look at it after the shop said if they just replace those two they minds well replace all of them since the two will be newer then the others. He was sayin that with them being newer then the others the older ones would possible burn out one behind the other making a cycle of new vs. old.

But $90 isn't bad, unlike my xbox 360 that just 3ringed yesterday and I barely play it. They talking $99.99 to fix it since I purchased it back when they were $600. I'm like damn all my electronic toyz fuckin up at the same time lol; no one believes in $50 dollars to fix shit anymore rotfl. So $90 for the amp and I'm just gonna buy a new 360 the hell with replacing it when I can add $100 and get a new one, a game, and the accessories.

Edited by master_jbb3

Well at least you did not have a cap explode and some resistors burn up like I did...........my trunk still has the smell of burnt electrical components, after three weeks.

Damn bruh that sounds like that sucked smh

Db-r who I purchased it from is talking $90 to rebuild it. I know my boy who I got to look at it after the shop said if they just replace those two they minds well replace all of them since the two will be newer then the others. He was sayin that with them being newer then the others the older ones would possible burn out one behind the other making a cycle of new vs. old.

But $90 isn't bad, unlike my xbox 360 that just 3ringed yesterday and I barely play it. They talking $99.99 to fix it since I purchased it back when they were $600. I'm like damn all my electronic toyz fuckin up at the same time lol; no one believes in $50 dollars to fix shit anymore rotfl. So $90 for the amp and I'm just gonna buy a new 360 the hell with replacing it when I can add $100 and get a new one, a game, and the accessories.

Yeah $90 is not that bad for an amp to get fixed considering db-r.com fixes all the parts that are messed up and the ones that arent so they all come from the same batch and have the same amount of wear and tear on them. Good luck with amp

Well I found the problem guys

201003121519_117.jpg

201003121520_118.jpg

Do you notice in the picture how far back the wire is exposed on that lead going into the big inducter? That's begging for a short circuit. It looks like it is in contact with one of the resistor leads in the picture. There is a very thin varnish type material that coats those wires but it scratches off very easily. I wouldn't count on it preventing a short.

You can always upgrade to a 1200D v.2 or 1500D by emailing me -- upgrade w/ warranty replacement is an option we offer.

You can always upgrade to a 1200D v.2 or 1500D by emailing me -- upgrade w/ warranty replacement is an option we offer.

Hi jacob I just notice this reply and I sent you an email about the possible upgrade to the v.2 or 1500d

Hey jacob finally got everything situated to where I can send off my sae 1200 for a saz 1500. Sent you an email concerning it just wanted to go ahead and make the purchase for it. Thanks in advance