hey all, im in the process of trying to possibly put a xcon 12"/sundown 1500 setup in my car. its a 95 camaro. well my charging system is shot i need a battery and alternator ANYWAY. can someone steer me in the right direction as to what battery and alternator i would need to power the stereo and car. ive heard a lot of bad things about the optima batteries so are there any other options?

check out xs power batts right here on the ssa store which is at the very top of the screen.

Are you going for a new starting battery, a new stock alternator or do you want to upgrade to an HO Alternator? We need way more information buddy so please provide that and somebody will be able to help you out.

Are you going for a new starting battery, a new stock alternator or do you want to upgrade to an HO Alternator? We need way more information buddy so please provide that and somebody will be able to help you out.

well i have had charging problems in the car for years and it gets old having to rev up at stop lights when you got the lights and windshield wipers on lol so i wanna do a full upgrade. i figured since i have to buy an alternator anyway i might as well get the HO. now that im deciding to put the stereo in it imma need it anyway. battery i want something that will do good all around, stereo as well as powering the car. idle voltage isnt the best as it is cause of the cam n stuff but i know it can be better.

Well as far as HO Alternators try these companies: Mechman, Iraggi, DC Power (there are some more just cant think of any off the top of my head).

* Look for topics and search here for Alternator company names: http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/Amplifiers-Head-Units-f6.html

As far as batteries goes look at these companies: XS Power, Kinetik, Stinger, Deka, Odessey, etc.

*For starters I would go with these batteries and here is a chart to help you out some: http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/I-Have-XXXXXXX-watt-sytem-t35690.html

Controls charging voltage.

I don't know what bad things you have heard about Optima, I have been running a RedTop up front with stock alt for about two years and it's never let me down. Anyhow, my stock alt finally crapped out and I swapped it with a MechMan 250amp Rhino alt... only got a few minutes to test it out before I threw a belt but it charged a consistent 14V with all lights and full A/C on... you might want to look into it here is the link to one that would fit your car:

MechMan.com - 250 Amp Alternator (10113362-00)

Plus these alts have built-in adjustable voltage regulators which is a plus.

Edited by CadillacMatt

hey all, im in the process of trying to possibly put a xcon 12"/sundown 1500 setup in my car. its a 95 camaro. well my charging system is shot i need a battery and alternator ANYWAY. can someone steer me in the right direction as to what battery and alternator i would need to power the stereo and car. ive heard a lot of bad things about the optima batteries so are there any other options?

I run an optima yellow top in my 89 IROC and it worked great.

As for alternators....a HO can get costly and might be overkill. A stock Caprice 140 amp alt will fit perfectly in your car. Much cheaper option.

Edited by Mahna Mahna

As for alternators....a HO can get costly and might be overkill. A stock Caprice 140 amp alt will fit perfectly in your car. Much cheaper option.

Costly yes, but as for overkill I would have to disagree... I'm running only ~500watts more than he is and I had serious voltage issues even with my stock 140amp alt and my Optima. Plus, when the alt began to fail it caused a low voltage condition which fried a few sensors and nearly killed the PCM.

But to each his own.