i contacted maxxsonics and i was told the 2610 puts out 1700 watt rms at 1 ohm at 12 volt.

does the 2610 put out rated power?

(i want to power 2 15 l7 rated 750 watt rms each)

with the right electrical, sure?

If the amp puts out a clean 1700wrms then you will not be giving them 750 each.

i will hold voltage from 12-13 volt at ful volume (3 batteries; stock 90A alt).

if the 2610 puts out at least 1,7 kw (at 12 volt) it would be perfect for 2 15 l7? (little overpowering them though)

whats your budget for the amp. maybe we can get you something not hifonics. so there will be less worry about it :)

That amp will work yes, but i advise you to get a better amp from a different company.. Hifonics CS is not good.

Edited by BanginGMC

i just have that amp :(

but im planning to get either one more battery (maybe hc 2400) or a better amp with a regulated power supply.

Don't be down dude, that amp will please you VERY well if it does a clean 1700wrms :)

EDIT: Just sucks because that company isn't too great on their CS. Many people run Hifonics and adore it.

Edited by BanginGMC

damn, 4 batteries for 1500 watts? lol thats a large bank :) if you already have it i dont get why you're asking. there is nothing wrong if you're ~100 watts off there wont be much difference. just keep your voltage up (with 4 batteries should be a sinch) and you will be fine.

what is CS?

ok i will give the 2610 a try.

actually this is my current system

but i will sell the btl for a very good price and get the 2 15 l7s instead. should be louder than. i dont know if the bxi is a good amp cause i just have heard my old zx 1500 and the bxi still puts out more.

You don't need a regulated power supply either.

what is CS?

ok i will give the 2610 a try.

actually this is my current system

but i will sell the btl for a very good price and get the 2 15 l7s instead. should be louder than. i dont know if the bxi is a good amp cause i just have heard my old zx 1500 and the bxi still puts out more.

CS = Customer Service

I thought you said you already have the 2610? and i would NOT sell my 18inch BTL for two kicker L7s!

why not? the kickers have more cone area and a much lower Fs aswell.

i think the 2610 is not enough power for the btl too.

You should buy a high output alternator before you buy another battery. It will do more good since it sounds like you already have a strong battery bank.

why not? the kickers have more cone area and a much lower Fs aswell.

i think the 2610 is not enough power for the btl too.

Personally, i would add another BTL because that would have more cone area, more motor force, more spl, more sexy looks.

A clean 1700wrms on a BTL would be fine, keep in mind that you cannot under-power a sub woofer

why not? i thought it was a good thing.

You need a good electrical system to support it, and an unregulated power supply is more useful.

Definately get a stronger alternator. You gotta be straining the hell out of yours with 4 extra batts. And x100 on buying another BTL before 2 L7s, I personally think they sound like poop, and not as loud.

x2 on keeping the btl. if you want more get another. would be easier to do. (if you have the room for two of them)

i contacted maxxsonics and i was told the 2610 puts out 1700 watt rms at 1 ohm at 12 volt.

does the 2610 put out rated power?

(i want to power 2 15 l7 rated 750 watt rms each)

So you contacted the company and asked them what they put out and then you ask us, that makes no sense (why would they lie to you, or do you think someone on this site has more experience with Hifonics amps than Hifonics does)?

The L7's can be made to sound amazing, and get loud, it's installation dependent.

They do get loud for sure, I personally like more low end spl, that's only my preference though, and I feel like the BTL gets lower. I could be wrong. Also depends what options you add I guess.

They do get loud for sure, I personally like more low end spl, that's only my preference though, and I feel like the BTL gets lower. I could be wrong. Also depends what options you add I guess.

No it really depends on the installation and enclosure, most people who have L7's have them in a SPL geared boxed. If it was in a box tuned to your liking then it would be a different story.

No it really depends on the installation and enclosure, most people who have L7's have them in a SPL geared boxed. If it was in a box tuned to your liking then it would be a different story.

Exactly ;)

Kicker is mainstream, and being mainstream they are sold in audio shops where most of them only sell prefabricated enclosures tuned ungodly high for daily music, making the drivers sound like a 15lb. piece of shit flopping around in an enclosure. If you build the correct enclosure, you will be surprised with the results. ;)

How would you compare it to a fully loaded BTL, I guess they are different but output wise, still it depends on his goal.