hondakilla98

Pxa-h100 is it capable of an active front stage?

I have an alpine 9886 and pxa-h100 crossover. I've looked through the menus and don't see a bandpass option for an active mid range woofer. I looked around the Internet and didn't see anyone running active with this setup. Did I just not find what I was looking for? Or is it not capable? If it's not then pioneer p880prs here I come.

Right now I'm using the passive crossovers with my focal 165a1's woofers in the stock location low in the doors and the tweeters mounted low on the pillars. And powering them with an alpine mrp-f250.

Edited by hondakilla98

I don't think it is a good idea to run a comp set in a passive setup.

Keep your passive filters.

When you change your speakers, you will buy some to make a 2 or 3 way active system.

Just my 2cts.

When you change your speakers, you will buy some to make a 2 or 3 way active system.

Just my 2cts.

If my crossover isn't capable of running an active setup, then i need to replace it before i worry about going active. And how could the passive crossover be better than going active? I don't see any logic in that.

Just my 2cts.

If my crossover isn't capable of running an active setup, then i need to replace it before i worry about going active. And how could the passive crossover be better than going active? I don't see any logic in that.

The first shot at setting up your stuff active I'd surely bet it will sound worse than the passive crossovers. If you have patience and really spend the time tuning, completely different story. I personally have heard nothing good come out of an Imprint install and I don't see a way around that with the H100. The manual sucks though so not really sure.

Well it is active capable. I didn't see the tiny switch on the side of the pxa-h100. Now I can finalize my wiring and put my door panels back on.