Sign in to follow this  
duece212

Need enclosure for two SA8's

Its for the back of a 09 Ram 2500 single cab. Pic below of what I've come up with. My sketchup skills suck unfortunately. Just a single 3/4 baffle and a single full length 4" aero. Subs forward, port to the drivers side (its on the wrong side in my crappy sketchup image.) If my math is right, counting .1 of displacement for each woofer I should be close to 1.5 net at 35hz:

26.5w x 17h x 13.5 bd x 6 td

Let me know if you have any better ideas, or if not what you need for the below box in gray carpet shipped to 80634. Thanks!

sa8enclosure.jpg

The design is correct. It is 1.5 @ 35 hz :)

All said and done, your looking at $145 plus real shipping.

Andrew

Sounds good, after triple checking I'm changing the dimensions just a bit to make sure I can have my seat pushed back with no problems. Was thinking:

28w x 16.5h x 13 bottom depth x 6 top depth

With those measurements its getting tight with trying to cram a full size 4" aero and two sa8's in though. Mockin it up in sketchup now to see if that's even going to be possible. If you have other suggestions let me know

It sounds like you know your dimensions way better than me, so when you find a combination that works just let me know :)

Andrew

Well I think I got stuff situated to where it will barely fit. Not much room between the aero and the woofers but as long as the flare on a 4" aero isn't over an inch from flare to where it necks down to 4" tube I should be fine. Need to know how much you inset the sides though so I can account for that. Here is the new plan, once I get your inset specs I'll get you the final measurements and some paypal money, thanks:

sa81.jpg

Ok, here are the final plans with the .75" side indents included. Let me know if any of the measurements are hard to see/understand. I've got the centers marked for the sub and port cutouts. Sub cutouts at 7.25" and 4" aero cutout at 6.25". I believe those should be right. No wire terminals on this one please. You can either shoot me a paypal invoice to my forum name @ yahoo.com or pm me your paypal ID and I'll shoot some cash. Thanks!

sa8driversside.jpg

sa8front.jpg

I can build that design exactly.

$140 plus shipping. I would not be able to start on it till the 24 though as I have three enclosures to do this week and I will be out of town from the 19th-24th.

Thanks, Andrew

I can build that design exactly.

$140 plus shipping. I would not be able to start on it till the 24 though as I have three enclosures to do this week and I will be out of town from the 19th-24th.

Thanks, Andrew

Sounds good man, pm me your paypal address. Since it won't start till the 24th I might play around a bit and put a brace in for the port since my truck rides insanely rough it might need it. I might through two dowels in the design front to back as well. Whatever it ends up being to add those if you can just tack that onto the shipping I can take care of that when its done.

Ok I will send you a request for money here in a little bit and will start the box the 24th when I get home from out of town.

Andrew