Sign in to follow this  
Twista

Where can I get some SA-12s???

I was just wondering what store actually has some of these in stock.....Looking to upgrade from my Type-Rs and I believe this would be a good upgrade...What are you guys opinion???

Nobody has them in stock at this moment, IIRC they should be back in stock towards the end of this month or in June.

Nobody has them in stock at this moment, IIRC they should be back in stock towards the end of this month or in June.

thats cool....gives me enough time to wait till my commission based check comes in to buy em....But do you guys think its a good upgrade from 2 12 Type Rs????

Edited by Twista

I cant comment since I have never heard either sub but I will let someone else with experience on both subs comment but it will come down to install at the end of the day.

I ordered mine last month knowing they were on backorder and should arrive on the 15th of this month. So I hope they don't arrive in june...

these are a big step up from type r's ive ran both, the sa-s have a much cleaner sound and will handle more power. i love mine they take a beating lol

I'll keep the forums updated on the status of the SA-12s and 10s. They are in transit. Just depends on how fast the boat and customs is with them.

I'll keep the forums updated on the status of the SA-12s and 10s. They are in transit. Just depends on how fast the boat and customs is with them.

Cool will be checking up frequently...if you dont mind me asking how many are coming in??? Im not planning on pre ordering any unless I can get a deal but I dont want them to be all gone by the time you get them in lol....

A couple hundred... but they won't last long. I have a few 100 more being built now as well that should hopefully align with these running out.

As mainstream subs go, the type r's are probably one of my favorite subs besides Mtx or the kicker comps. I know you will be extremely satisfied if you put the sa subs in a enclosure reccomended for them. The sundown products are top or the line woofers and amplifiers.

I'll be checking :drink40:

The box I was gonna use is 3.5cu at 35hz....will that be ok???

Yeah that's perfect.

I've ran both. I run my SA-12s off a SAZ2000D and they love it. I did run my Type Rs off a JL 500/1 and they got pretty loud. In my opinion, the SA-12s are louder and they sound way better. Don't get me wrong though, the Type Rs are really nice subs. I believe they are a fair comparison but In my situation I'm running way more power.

Edited by PogoTheMonk3y

I'm actually in the same situation. currently running 2 12" R's in 5 cubic feet before displacement, and around 32hz . box is slot ported with alot of port area, subs up port back in a 2 door 98 blazer. Running off a 1500D. I mean, it gets really loud, has like 2 inches of roof flex and all that good stuff.

but im a little worried to push em any harder than i am, think i need some sa-12's myself.

I'm going from a sealed 10" type-r to 2 sa12s in a ported box, so it's definitely going to be a big difference for me :)

Sign in to follow this