Shane Abarca

12 in hatchback Nova

Im trying to decide which 12" sub i want in my car (its a 75 Chevy Nova hatchback). I listen to almost nothing but rap and i want to be very loud with one 12. Amp is a sae-1200dv1,im going to do the big 3 in 1/0 gauge,and i replaced my alternator when i rebuilt my engine but i have no idea how many amps it is. My budget is $350 so ive been looking at the Mach 5 spl,fi bl,and aq hdc3 copper...open to suggestions,i will make the optimum enclosure for whichever 12 i get. Im leaning toward the mach 5 or aq for when i want to upgrade my power instead of having to add another sub and amp.

Im trying to decide which 12" sub i want in my car (its a 75 Chevy Nova hatchback). I listen to almost nothing but rap and i want to be very loud with one 12. Amp is a sae-1200dv1,im going to do the big 3 in 1/0 gauge,and i replaced my alternator when i rebuilt my engine but i have no idea how many amps it is. My budget is $350 so ive been looking at the Mach 5 spl,fi bl,and aq hdc3 copper...open to suggestions,i will make the optimum enclosure for whichever 12 i get. Im leaning toward the mach 5 or aq for when i want to upgrade my power instead of having to add another sub and amp.

If you are going to upgrade your power, just splurge and get a BTL right away.

If you are going to upgrade your power, just splurge and get a BTL right away.

x2

I considered that again and again but once i found the aq and mach 5 i thought maybe i should go with one of them since they are both about 300$ and can take 2500 watts (considering everything is set up right).and since i always see on here that how the woofer performs depends A LOT on the install i thought it would be best to go with the Mach 5. Is it worth the extra $100+ to get the btl...the magnet on that thing is a MONSTER :drink40:

Some more options to consider are the Death Row and Death Penalty from Incriminator Audio. The Zv.2 and Nightshade V.2 from Sundown Audio.

The death row series was also something i was looking at but i cant find anything about them,even the store has little info about them. the other two ive looked at too but they are a little expensive.

Is it worth the extra $100+ to get the btl...the magnet on that thing is a MONSTER :drink40:

Yes sir, it is worth it.

The death row series was also something i was looking at but i cant find anything about them,even the store has little info about them. the other two ive looked at too but they are a little expensive.

Most quality subwoofers are going to get loud, low and have great impact (transient response) when put in the right enclosure. Basically it comes down to your budget!

Most quality subwoofers are going to get loud, low and have great impact (transient response) when put in the right enclosure. Basically it comes down to your budget!

Exactly what i wanted to know. i guess im gonna snatch up a BTL while cooling is free :fing34:

Edited by Shane Abarca

Exactly what i wanted to know. i guess im gonna snatch up a BTL while cooling is free fing34.gif

trink40.gif

I've seen a BTL 15" take 5K on music, not a problem at all if you set everything up correctly.

yeah ive seen a lot of that, i was thinking of eventually throwin 5000-5500 watts on just one twelve but im starting out with 1200.