i'm thinking of getting a second eD nine.1. they're 900 watts stable at 2 ohm, and 1200 at 1 ohm. if possible i'd like to run them both at one ohm, im pretty sure i have the electrical system for it. question is, if i wire a dual 4 ohm voice coil sub by itself to the amp its either at 4 or 2 ohms right? no way to get 1 ohm load from a single d4 woofer?

could someone maybe give me a crash course in wiring?

i think i would need d2 woofers to get 1 ohm from 1 speaker right?

Why not sell your nine.1 and get an orion 2500D ?

Its cheaper and its more watts

:+1: what supa said...

orion 2500d specs

1200 wrms @ 4ohm

1700 @ 2ohm

2500 @ 1ohm..

what more could u ask for?

how about HCCAFan selling them for $500 BNIB??

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

OH heck yes on the Orion, crapola that thing is a beast, very capable amplifer IMO, love mine, wish I could give it more current ATM

I agree with the rest. That deal is really impossible to pass up if the funds allow.

i would love to get one, was eyeballing them yesterday actually, but i think 2 nine.1's would be almost as powerful :unsure:

thing is, i like the looks of the nine.1, and i want to be able to hide my amp/s. the 2500 is huge, isnt the thing like 2 feet long? i dont want some massive ass amp that takes up my whole deck behind the seats and screams steal me right underneath my back hatch glass. i can't think of anywhere else to mount them other than the back seats, which fold down but are splits, 2 pieces that fold down. also i dont really know how to securely mount an amp in a seat so that it wont fall out or start a fire. the nine.1 can be stacked, so it looks like sort of like just 1 amp, if you're peeking through dark tinted glass. im getting a compustar 900fm alarm put in tuesday, but i can't stop thinking how it would only take a couple of seconds to bash out my rear window, unscrew my amps and make off with them. the subs, hell if you can get that box out of the car, even after you rip open the entire hatch to do it, you've more than earned it :lol2:

i know you're going to say build an amp rack, and i play on it, but i think a 2500d would take up most of the space. there is 41 inches from one side to the other of my hatch, minus 1.5 inches for mdf, and i'm working with 39.5 inches long, maybe 15-20 inches front to back, and i still have to fit a smaller amp to run my highs in there. i was planning on making a flip up, lockable top for it, with some nice cabinet hinges or something, attaching it to the speaker box, and carpeting the whole thing. i'd have major problems with the amps overheating if i put them in a sealed, carpeted mdf enclosure right, even if i drill vent holes?