Sign in to follow this  
TTKID

Whats A Good Amp for 2 BL

Whats going on, I'm need to this sound world but I was interested in 2 Fi BL12 which would be powered by a Sundown 1500D. Is that enough power to make the subs sound good? If not what do you recommend? It'll be in a dodge charger which has plenty of trunk space.

Edited by TTKID

Good is quite subjective, but 1500w would be plenty for that setup. Did you have a budget at all? Hard to recommend anything else without knowing what you can spend.

Answer these questions for us

* Previous products that you have used (i.e. amplifiers if its an amplifier question, etc)

* Budgetary constraints

* Vehicle which the equipment will be used in

* Other products you have heard, but have not owned that you enjoyed & their install particulars.

* Musical preferences

* System goals

* List any research you have previously done

:peepwall:

Answer these questions for us

* Previous products that you have used (i.e. amplifiers if its an amplifier question, etc)

* Budgetary constraints

* Vehicle which the equipment will be used in

* Other products you have heard, but have not owned that you enjoyed & their install particulars.

* Musical preferences

* System goals

* List any research you have previously done

:peepwall:

This would be my real first system however I do have a ear for music.

I would like to keep it around the 300-350 range.

Its going in a Dodge Charger .

The last system that I heard was 2 12" Mojo's hooked up to a 1100 Memphis amp.

I listen to a wide variety of music but mostly hip hop although you could catch me playing some, jazzy (Nujabes or Coltrane), RnB, or John Mayer.

I just want something that's going to slam and sound good when im listening to some Gucci or Juice as it will be my daily driver.

I previously did research on the Mojo, W6, and Dreadnaut.

sure the sundown would sound fine, i got that same amp goin to a btl 18" and i think it sounds great.. sure the BL's would sound good, just make sure to get a custom box built to spec, and keep an eye on the voltage once its all hooked up.

The sundown 1500 is a good amp, but unless you plan on doubling your power later you could really do SSDs or Q's and save some money. The BL will handle 1500 each with options, where a pair of SSD's would do well on that amp and save quite a bit of cash.

The subs would sound good on that power, but to add power you'd have to change amps entirely or change voice coils (saying you want to run it at 1 ohm). I would rather slightly overpower a sub and adjust the gains accordingly than blow a sub because I 'know there's more in it.'

Sign in to follow this