It's possible, but you;d have to build the recone yourself.

Yup, as far as I know SSA isn't set up to even make an 18" Icon basket so you're on your own.

It's a normal 12 spoke nasket, nothing hard to get. I have one sitting in my living room actually :)

You'd just have to do the whole recone yourself, it'd have to be a normal kraft pulp cone.

It can be done the parts are there, people ask all the time, but we do not do it. The box requirements would be monstrous.

Wouldnt it be possible to get a 18" basket from fi and maybe an 18" recone kit from them or from an xcon cone kit and basket? How monstrous would the box be lol 10 cuft?

Its not that easy. You have to take into account the motor design and strength, not to mention suspension etc. etc.. Why not go to a 15?

i was just wondering about the motor strength on the icon for a 18, would be cool to see i would have to say. i vote go for it :) in a huge box like aaron said :)

More goes into subwoofer design than you think, you can't put just any motor on a basket and slap a cone on and expect it to sound amazing. It takes quite a bit of motor force to move an 18" cone and oppose the air that the cone pushes. There is a reason SSA does not sell an 18" ICON :)