Sign in to follow this  
mrbojang

Help with wiring up this siren to my alarm...

So acouple weeks ago I had a viper r350 installed in my truck and I took the liberty of ordering two Directed 515r backup battery sirens...

I tested them now with the included keys and they're pretty loud. My ears were pulsating. :trippy:

Well I'm reading the instructions on them now and could use some help...There are 4 wires on the unit itself:

red - +12v, fused at 5amps, constant source

black - ground

violet - "(+) Siren Input: Connect this wire to the (+) siren output of the security system. If using a DEI security system, this would be the brown (+) siren output wire."

green - "(-) Siren Input: If using a security system with a (-) siren output, connect this wire to the system's (-) siren output."

So I get the general idea, use either the violet or the green wire...I'm looking at my currently installed siren and only has a red and black wire connected to it. Would I tap the violet wire onto the red wire or?

Thanks.

Edited by Mr. Bojangles

I'm thinking there's another wire on the brain that I need to tap onto.

The wires from the original siren are red & black.

The siren output wire on the DEi alarm is brown & gives +12v upon triggering.

The brown wire from the alarm connects to the red wire on the siren, and the sirens black wire goes straight to ground.

You will want to connect the violet wire on the backup sirens to either the original red siren wire or the brown wire at the alarm brain, they are essentially the same wire.

The wires from the original siren are red & black.

The siren output wire on the DEi alarm is brown & gives +12v upon triggering.

The brown wire from the alarm connects to the red wire on the siren, and the sirens black wire goes straight to ground.

You will want to connect the violet wire on the backup sirens to either the original red siren wire or the brown wire at the alarm brain, they are essentially the same wire.

Perfect. Thanks. Is a relay necessary or can I get by without one?