joemacgames

What fits my needs? Fi Q or BL?

Hello,

I was planning on buying a new system a couple months ago and I had it all planned out. I was going to get 1 12" Fi BTL, but something came up and I couldn't get it. But, I'm back in the market for a new system now and my goals have changed a little.

I'm in love with the ridiculously low bass. I listen to a lot of C&S and slowed songs. I don't want to have to upgrade my alternator (It's a 135amp) so I'm not going to get a BTL. I've been doing tons of research and have narrowed it down to the Q or the BL. whichever one I get will be a 12" fully loaded running off either an AQ1200D or an SAE 1200 in a 2.5ft enclosure.

I know the Q is SQ and the BL is more SPL, but from what I've read the Q can hit lower than the BL. I was going to get a Q and tune it to 30Hz, but now I'm having second thoughts and want to get the BL bc of the SPL. my question is: will the added xmax for the lows of the Q outweigh the added SPL of the BL? and is 30Hz too low for regular (not slowed) songs to be loud?

Thanks,

Joe

You sound like a BL buyer.

Okay, I'm planning on getting an SAE 1200D and a 1/0 amp kit from knukonceptz. I have to choose which size fuse to get with the kit. based on my amp, which size fuse would be best? And will I need additional speaker wire to run from my sub to my amp? I have an 8 gauge amp kit from my old system. could I use that wire for my speaker wire?

here is the amp kit I was going to get: http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KFX-PK0

160A at the lowest. The BL is your best option and the BL is not spl sub it is a very loud with decent SQ and can get pretty low.

ok, so I'll get a BL Dual 2, SAE 1200D, Knukonceptz 1/0 amp kit with 200 amp fuse and then use my 16ga speaker wire from my other amp kit for my sub-to-amp wire. And for my enclosure I'll do 2.5ft tuned to 30Hz.

is 16ga enought, or do I need to buy some new wire when I get my amp kit?

Okay, I'll get about 10ft since its pretty cheap. Should I go ahead and get some 0 ga too just in case I don't have enough left over from my amp kit for the big 3?

it depends on how much you need for the big 3 measure up