Sign in to follow this  
TwoFifteens

What would be the best specs for an enclosure?

I'm gonna be ordering 2 of the Q15's dual 2 ohms fully loaded, and wiring them both to a AQ2200D, and I want to know what would be the best enclosure I can build for SQ? I've heard sealed is the best for SQ, and aside from that the carpenter building the box for me doesn't know anything about tuning a box, so i'm pretty sure ported or bandpass is out of the question. Would I be right to assume if I use the max 4^3 feet per woofer it would hit the deep note better? If so, what would be the best way to put both of those into a 43inx40inx17 (LengthXWidthxDepth). I believe i'm gonna mount them from the top unless someone could provide a good option that would allow for otherwise.

I'm gonna be ordering 2 of the Q15's dual 2 ohms fully loaded, and wiring them both to a AQ2200D, and I want to know what would be the best enclosure I can build for SQ? I've heard sealed is the best for SQ, and aside from that the carpenter building the box for me doesn't know anything about tuning a box, so i'm pretty sure ported or bandpass is out of the question. Would I be right to assume if I use the max 4^3 feet per woofer it would hit the deep note better? If so, what would be the best way to put both of those into a 43inx40inx17 (LengthXWidthxDepth). I believe i'm gonna mount them from the top unless someone could provide a good option that would allow for otherwise.

Sorry to ask so many nub questions, and I should've got this in my first post but. What ohm should I get the Q15's at? I WANT to hook them together and connect to the AQ2200d amp at 1 ohm. One of those nifty little wiring diagrams would be awesome. Again, I plan to hook two Q15's together and want to connect to the amp at 1 ohm.

28 Deep X 40 Wide X 17 Tall. With subs up and port back. Single port on the 17X40 side that is internally 5" Wide X 15.5" tall and 16" Deep. Yields 8 cuft after port and driver tuned to 32Hz. Set the amps subsonic filter 29Hz... no bass boost on headunit or amp and set the gains according to the headunits output voltage.

Should be good to go with that.

Thanks,

Scott

Sign in to follow this