Second Skin

Get it While the Gettin's Good!

Hey Guys!

Just wanted to let you know that we are starting to get low on our B-Stock Damplifier Pro, so if you have a project you've been putting off, and you wanted to get our cheaper B-Stock Damplifier Pro, sooner is definately better than later, because when it's gone, it's gone, and we wont be ordering any more.

just giving you all a heads up!

AX

Edited by Second Skin

"The product is the right thickness for Damplifier Pro but the foil is thinner than it should be, and it is silver, not black."

What is the effects of thinner foil?

What is the effects of thinner foil?

the foil is the "constraint layer." basically, it holds the vibrations in the butyl and keeps them from becoming sound waves. even though it's thinner, it will still give you results very similar to Damplifier Pro

what happened to SPL tiles?

i can honestly say i dont know. we recently aquired the business and as long as we've owned it we haven't had any in stock and they havent been available on the website. i have found pictures and information on them in the compute so all i can really tell you about them is what you already know. my best guess is that either they weren't selling very much and/or the Damplifier and Damplifier pro were better deals for the money.

i would ask ant about that.

Ken and I will talk to Anthony about that. If we see enough of ademand, we may bring them back, however i can give no promises

Kinda thought the idea behind new ownership was to provide as good if not better prices, customer service, and choices? Guess I have alot to learn.

J

Kinda thought the idea behind new ownership was to provide as good if not better prices, customer service, and choices? Guess I have alot to learn.

Neither the prices, products, or quality of the products has changed, and we try our best to help our customers with all of their sound deadening issues.

AX

Being online frequently kinda helps. Even the people on your own home forum have barely heard of you. If your not going to push the hell out of this product sell it off and save face man.

J

Being online frequently kinda helps. Even the people on your own home forum have barely heard of you. If your not going to push the hell out of this product sell it off and save face man.

Pushing the product is only a small part of my job online. my main purpose here is to help people with their sound deadening questions, and to recomend what products will help them with their specific issues. naturally, i'm going to recomend Second Skin as a first choice, but like i said, pushing the products not the only thing i'm here to do.

AX

Pushing the product is only a small part of my job online. my main purpose here is to help people with their sound deadening questions, and to recomend what products will help them with their specific issues. naturally, i'm going to recomend Second Skin as a first choice, but like i said, pushing the products not the only thing i'm here to do.

AX

Then why the fuck did you buy the company bro?

I understand ANT wanted to sell, thats fine. But its bullshit to sell to someone who seems to think that this is fun and games. Sorry but people take their addictions seriously. Just like a crack head loves his rocks, audio enthusiasts love their deadener. If the dealer goes to shit the business goes away.

Lets take this to PM's beacuse I dont want to clutter your thread anymore.

J

I've just read several topics having to do with the new ownership of ss. it seems to me it's not going very well. on the SS forum people are posting they are unable to get any response about products from the owner via email.

A dealer in another country was running out of ss products and couldn't get a hold of the new owner for reorders. And reading a couple posts up in this thread stating "I dont know anything about this product as far as stock".

I just hope SS is still around in six months...

Sent him a PM..............lets see what goes.

I understand ANT wanted to sell, thats fine. But its bullshit to sell to someone who seems to think that this is fun and games. Sorry but people take their addictions seriously. Just like a crack head loves his rocks, audio enthusiasts love their deadener. If the dealer goes to shit the business goes away.

J

Wow....chill out and get a girl..... And yeah it should be fun, what else should it be? It certainly isn't life or death. If your trying to make a statement than simply don't buy from them or post about your bad experience but what he wants to do with the company is completely up to him.

Edited by 66link

J

Wow....chill out and get a girl..... And yeah it should be fun, what else should it be? It certainly isn't life or death. If your trying to make a statement than simply don't buy from them or post about your bad experience but what he wants to do with the company is completely up to him.

You chill out, he probably does have a girl maybe better looks or other things maybe not, but this new owner of SS is not really supporting it anymore this company is going to be dead, he needs to keep track of his dealers, running a business is not an easy task, but not impossible he just needs to step it up on the customer/ dealer part, or he is not going to sell anything, they have a great product, but they need to have good service with their customers and replying to questions.......

things are hectic right now. we're working out of two cities. we will have that issue resolved soon.

AX

things are hectic right now. we're working out of two cities. we will have that issue resolved soon.

AX

Well try to get it straightened because I'm sorta hesitating, but i won't need until the winter....

if you have any questions feel free to ask me either right here or PM me, or you could email me. email is currently the best way to contact us.

AX

J

not cool at all to make your first post negative, especially towards this man, he is a very good bro of mine..... it would be best to leave your lil coments to yourself like that....

it will not earn you a ounce of respect here....

SSA is built on customer service.... the products and companies hosted here have this reputation as well.... a statement, yes, he is trying to make one indeed....... in fact, i beleive he done quite well.... taking a big responsbility means to step up to the plate, not to be smaller or uncertain.

I am looking for a considerable size install of deadener soon.... the money i will spend is enough to consider all factors, customer service being high on the list, if the new owners of Second Skin hear their potential customers out, and listen to healthy critisim such as Godsmack offered, then they will surely only benefit from it!

Chop

J

not cool at all to make your first post negative, especially towards this man, he is a very good bro of mine..... it would be best to leave your lil coments to yourself like that....

it will not earn you a ounce of respect here....

SSA is built on customer service.... the products and companies hosted here have this reputation as well.... a statement, yes, he is trying to make one indeed....... in fact, i beleive he done quite well.... taking a big responsbility means to step up to the plate, not to be smaller or uncertain.

I am looking for a considerable size install of deadener soon.... the money i will spend is enough to consider all factors, customer service being high on the list, if the new owners of Second Skin hear their potential customers out, and listen to healthy critisim such as Godsmack offered, then they will surely only benefit from it!

Chop

To my brothers cheese and mista chop, first off I thank you for taking up for me while I was asleep. As PC said all I am doing is offering critisim. I have gotten to know the former owner pretty decently and know how their warehouse was set up. I know how it could of been moved and its apperant its not going this way due to the 'two cities' comment. I have zero tolerance for bullshit and wasting time and thats how it seems to be going thus far.

As for your little comment about getting a girl, brother let me tell you this I get more bush than a landscaper. So thats not a worry. Yes to us this is FUN but as a BUSINESS OWNER its not fun its about the bottom line MONEY. If everyone opened something like it was all about having fun with their buddies and shit like that there would be no companies. I will say you are right on one thing............he has the right to do whatever he wants with the company. He paid for it and can do as he pleases. But if your just going to piss the company away you should of just given the money to an organization or someone who could really use it. God knows we have enough charities that could use it.

J

Where to start.....

Yes I'm new here but that doesn't mean I'm new to the internet, online forums, owning a business which many of you probably don't have (this is an assumption but the fact is not very many people have owned or started one)! I spent 7 years in the Marine Corps, graduated from college, own 2 homes, own a business and I'm trying to get into law school at 30.....i'm just a first generation American poor boy from LA, raised by a illegal Mexican immigrant mother....so trust me when I say "I don't give a f**k about getting anyone's respect"! I earn mine....

Keep in mind we've got men fighting two wars and dying, being permanently disabled or injured so that we can be here on our computers arguing about some petty a** sh*t, that's where I'm coming from.

@Godsmack

Your post wasn't IMO constructive at all! You never mentioned any specifics about the problems you were having or what they should do to resolve them.....instead you stated "why did f**king by the company" and "But its bulls**t to sell to someone who seems to think that this is fun and games", how does any of that help? As a consumer yes I want to know if a company has bad service but give me your first hand experience not the cheap shots you're taking. On a side note thanks for keeping it civil and not resorting to any kind of verbal assault.....we can always agree to disagree that's what makes this country great!

First off as a jar head they teach you respect for those over you, so start showing it man. Your a private around here and I am at least a Lieutenant Colonel so stand at attention Marine!!

As for owning your own business, family has one that has been in the family for 80 years. I have not stood up my own business but neither have they. I am pointing out short comings beacuse this was an already established business. It doesn't take alot in the online days to keep a business going smoothly. Especially when it already has been started for you. Thats why I think its bullshit to even buy it when you see how much work the previous owner had to put it to keep it successful. It would appearas these owners will not. At least not so far.

As for the name calling and shit like that, I bust balls and fuck with people. I dont hurt their lil feelings on purpose.

J

Can I be Commander Adams?

:peepwall: