Sign in to follow this  
thacarter546

Recone Help.

Hi Im very interested in getting my TC-3hp motor rebuilt. I was wondering if you could come up with a recone kit for it. I have the TC-3000 top assmbly. Would you be able to re-use the basket? Would I need to send the motor in or would you be able to send out a re-cone kit? What would the costs be? basically the former on the TC soft parts seperated from the titanium cone. I have had nothing but problems with the TC soft parts. I definitely want a fiber, paper, or plastic cone.

The box I am using is 2.94 cubic feet tuned to 34 hz with 56 square inches of port and I am shooting for around 1500 watts rms power handling. Do I have any options with the recone kit?

Bump? ARe you not doing re-cones for other company motors?

He may be a little busy at the moment with the release of the nightshades recently, check out Fi Car Audio or Fixmyspeaker.com as well if Jacob does not respond to you in time. But try emailing him as well so he can get back to you a little quicker.

Can't use that basket. Ballpark figure on a recone is $100, the baskets are $32.

You can either send it in to us or you can give us the dimensions of the top plate and we can build you a recone up...

Not a great deal can be done, we'll use a High xmax style coil and integrated leads.

What makes our subs different from everybody elses is the ton of machine work that goes on inside of everything. We simply can't add that to a motor that has already been magnetized.

The cooling comes from the motor machining..

1500 watts shouldn't be an issue as it'd be the same coil that the BTL uses provided it will fit in the gap...

:werd_msword:

Hi Im very interested in getting my TC-3hp motor rebuilt. I was wondering if you could come up with a recone kit for it. I have the TC-3000 top assmbly. Would you be able to re-use the basket? Would I need to send the motor in or would you be able to send out a re-cone kit? What would the costs be? basically the former on the TC soft parts seperated from the titanium cone. I have had nothing but problems with the TC soft parts. I definitely want a fiber, paper, or plastic cone.

The box I am using is 2.94 cubic feet tuned to 34 hz with 56 square inches of port and I am shooting for around 1500 watts rms power handling. Do I have any options with the recone kit?

Try Pierce audio.

wmdpap@juno.com

They made me some custom subwoofers for cheaper than anybody else and they are still pounding hard today .Check out some of there recones that they have done, they have created some true monsters.Thier build quality and soft parts are really good .I know they have done several Tcsound based subwoofers and many others.

Subwoofers

scroll around and see the pictures of the rebuilds, they will e-mail you back a quote for prices and what options you want or reccomend .Nothing but good from this company and it is american built !

Edited by rick

Sign in to follow this