Sign in to follow this  
thacarter546

Does IA recone other companies motors?

I have a TC-3hp motor I need to rebuild I am trying to get price quotes I need it to handle 1500 rms daily. If you guys can do something please let me know

I have a TC-3hp motor I need to rebuild I am trying to get price quotes I need it to handle 1500 rms daily. If you guys can do something please let me know

Not to threadjack or anything but have you tried getting in touch with Fi, I know they do.

Can't use that basket. Ballpark figure on a recone is $100, the baskets are $32.

You can either send it in to us or you can give us the dimensions of the top plate and we can build you a recone up...

Not a great deal can be done, we'll use a High xmax style coil and integrated leads.

What makes our subs different from everybody elses is the ton of machine work that goes on inside of everything. We simply can't add that to a motor that has already been magnetized.

The cooling comes from the motor machining..

1500 watts shouldn't be an issue as it'd be the same coil that the BTL uses provided it will fit in the gap...

:werd_msword:

As listed above yes I have I was trying to see if I could get a price quote so I would have options

Prices aren't really going to change, You'll be around the $100 mark for the recone. There will typically not be a price difference unless one company doesn't use as good or expensive soft parts.

Also the RMS rating has a lot to do a lot with the cooling of the motor. If a coil can't be cooled by the machining in the motor, the RMS rating will mean nothing. Why not call TC sounds and see if they can recone it for you? :trippy:

I genuinely hate TC sounds soft parts Im looking for soft parts that will last. I still want some good options. TC's Glue ALWAYS fails on me. ALways. I know IA and Fi both have good soft parts.