bigmikekc

ssd question

so im thinking about getting a ssd 12 or 15 for christmas so i still got a few mouths to choose but my question is how much of a difference would i hear between a ssd 12 or 15 compared to my alpine type r 10 that i have right now. the amp i have now is a alpine mrp-m500 and idk what amp i would upgrade to. also would i need any upgrades to my electrical its stock right now? my car is a 1997 honda accord.

As long as you keep the rms below 1000, you should be fine with minimal electrical upgrades.

As far as a noticeable difference, with the 15" I"m sure you will hear it. Not so sure with the 12".

As long as you keep the rms below 1000, you should be fine with minimal electrical upgrades.

As far as a noticeable difference, with the 15" I"m sure you will hear it. Not so sure with the 12".

i want the 15 i just dont know how good she will fit in my trunk

Those cars have huge trunks. It will fit just fine.

yeah haha i got a 1.3 cubic foot box in there and i still have more than half my trunk still

yeah haha i got a 1.3 cubic foot box in there and i still have more than half my trunk still

There ya go :)

If you want a good amp that wont break the bank go for an AQ1200. 249$ shipped to your house. Just get BP power for the ssd and you'll be good to go. Are you looking at sealed or ported?

If you want a good amp that wont break the bank go for an AQ1200. 249$ shipped to your house. Just get BP power for the ssd and you'll be good to go. Are you looking at sealed or ported?

Well he's looking for loudness, so I'll go ahead and assume ported.

I agree on the amp for a budget setup. I don't agree with adding BP power automatically means the sub can take 1200 watts. That's install dependent. Turning the gain down to match 800 won't harm a thing.

my friend said he might be able to get me a deal an a ed nine.1 for 175$

I agree on the amp for a budget setup. I don't agree with adding BP power automatically means the sub can take 1200 watts. That's install dependent. Turning the gain down to match 800 won't harm a thing.

Well Yeah thats for sure but I was implying that the BP power would help take the 1200 watts better than stock would

I just bought a 15 inch ssd with flatwind and BP power. Its louder than my 2 12 cvrs and much cleaner. I have a 1200 Watt amp putting about 900 to the sub. If you're going for more output get the options, ported box, 15" and a 1200 Watt amp. If you're gonna keep it stock, I'd get a 1000 or just a 1200. I recommend the Aq1200 as stated above or an sae1200 or saz1000 for the sub without options. Just my $.2

However you do it I'm sure you'll be satasfied as I am with mine. Good luck!

Edited by xAndrewx

I just bought a 15 inch ssd with flatwind and BP power. Its louder than my 2 12 cvrs and much cleaner. I have a 1200 Watt amp putting about 900 to the sub. If you're going for more output get the options, ported box, 15" and a 1200 Watt amp. If you're gonna keep it stock, I'd get a 1000 or just a 1200. I recommend the Aq1200 as stated above or an sae1200 or saz1000 for the sub without options. Just my $.2

However you do it I'm sure you'll be satasfied as I am with mine. Good luck!

yeah man im sure i will be satisfied and i think im getting a ed nine.1 amp because i can get a good deal on one