Sign in to follow this  
silenkiller

Hm, H.O. Alt for 2000 Pontiac Grand AM?

We definitely do have them, we just havent gotten them up on the website yet. We run the same alternators in these as we do in the fullsize GM trucks/SUV's so we can do pretty much anything you want. How much output are you looking to get, and how big is your system? Let me know, Rob

We definitely do have them, we just havent gotten them up on the website yet. We run the same alternators in these as we do in the fullsize GM trucks/SUV's so we can do pretty much anything you want. How much output are you looking to get, and how big is your system? Let me know, Rob

Well at the moment its 2,000, but id like to have room for around 4,000 eventually, assuming i can afford it. The more output the merrier. Granted there is a point where the return vs the cost is isn't worth it anymore. I.E. If it is like 200 dollars more for an extra 20 amps etc. I don't compete this is merely a hobby so I'm constrained by budgets lol

Well at the moment its 2,000, but id like to have room for around 4,000 eventually, assuming i can afford it. The more output the merrier. Granted there is a point where the return vs the cost is isn't worth it anymore. I.E. If it is like 200 dollars more for an extra 20 amps etc. I don't compete this is merely a hobby so I'm constrained by budgets lol

Oh and I'd say 160 or more at idle seems to be the going standard. Of course the more the merrier. I guess if you have more than one option just let me know the price for both.

Oh and I'd say 160 or more at idle seems to be the going standard. Of course the more the merrier. I guess if you have more than one option just let me know the price for both.

You are right there, but with one exception, very few of the alternators rated at that actually do it. I get a kick out of people who say "it will make 160 amps by 800 engine RPM's idle", great.. If we rated things that way 80% of what we sell will do over 200 amps at 800 engine RPM's...

Sign in to follow this