anthonyvo17

Need a alternator for 01 impala 3800

I have a 2001 impala and need a alternator. I wanted one that was atleast over 230 amps so what do you guys have? Also right now im just running one btl but later down the road i will be running 2 or 3 btl and so if i get a big alternator now it wont mess anything up right?

Also how much would it cost?

Edited by anthonyvo17

You are right, running a bigger alternator than you need now definitely wont hurt you. Alternators are supply and demand type devices, they only charge what you need them to charge and no more.. We have a 230 amp alternator for these that runs $398, but I would really recommend running our 270SP because its going to give you room to upgrade, and you cant beat having 180 amps at idle.. This is a case where we've come up with a way to run some BIG alternators where our competition is still selling alternators built off of the stock CS130D's.. This is one I did in an '01 Monte with a 3.8... This is pretty much the same setup we run for all late model GM V6 FWD cars.. Rob

IMG_2003_2.jpg

Op, you may want to give them how much power you are going to run not the type of subs you are going to run. The type of subs don't help them at all. :suicide-santa:

This is kind of a trick question.. lol Our normal 270 amp AD244 is $429 for that car, our 270SP (big brother to the AD244) is $499, and the 270XP is $629... All 100% new, 100% USA made, and have 2 year warranties... Rob