benz280se

ma audio hk4000d, and my charging system

i just wanna know if anyone thinks this is good for about 2000w on stock alt puttin 13.9-14v idle and 14v+ engine rev. with 1000cca starter bat and kinetik 2000 in back all 0ga big three and such. i am not a competitor, not lookin to get the full 4k out of the amp, before everyone starts saying how you have to run it at 18v to see 4k. just wanna know if this is good enough to get 2000w for 2 12" fissd's. i have done searches also before i get flamed for this, but the few that wasn't bashing this amp were old ones for sale or people trying to get the full 4k from it, or modding it for 1 ohm use. dont need all that just 2k is fine for me, thanks. :fing34:

for 2k you will need what 160amps plus whatever it takes to run your car (160x12volts=1920watt) of current supply from your alt so what is your stock alt outputing? 120amps? will your car handle 2k rms i would say yes depending on your alts stock specs.

then again how well your car handles the demand is a different story.

I would say give it a shot and KEEP a close eye on the voltage going into your amp!!

now i am pretty sure others will say you need more to support your setup but you say you aren't in it for competition so you are more of a daily kind a guy so i assume you will not pound your system for a good 10-20mins plus

at any rate that is purely how i see it! and other will have a different idea!

I hope this helps some and please post pics/ a build log!

thanks i am not quite sure what the alt is putting out it has been rebuilt and went from 13v flat to floating around 14+volts, and thats with a worn belt. so i am guessing that the amps got moved up? so i would say between 100 and 130a. and yes i only turn it up for a few minutes to enjoy a few hard hitting songs then back down to normal beating. i am redoing some of the system this weekend i'll post some pics for yall. thanks again. i'll wont be able to get the HO alt until tax time then i won't have any voltage worries.

Edited by benz280se