Shogen

Just purchased some CLD Tiles

Good morning ladies!

I just wanted to inform you that I am now a proud owner of B-Stock CLD Tiles straight from Don @ SDS.... I skipped using the forum since I had some random questions for him... (a/s/l) kind of stuff... Not really?

Anyway, so I ordered a bunch and if all goes well I will be not only doing my 2003 Camry but the lady's 2010 Honda as well... Give it some quietness...

I will post some pictures when I receive my packages.. Another thing I'd like to mention, Don is awesome... Mentioned my license plate problems on the trunk lid and he immediately got back to me and offered a sample CCF for the plate to create a barrier between the two metals... What an amazing thing to offer..I didn't even think to ask for one, he just offered it up and also made some suggestions about the cross bars on the inside of my trunk lid that vibrate against each other.. I know most of you guys had spoke of using expanding foam (Great Stuff is the one I know off the top of my head) ... But he actually suggested RTV silicone..

Excellent choice.

You'll be a very happy man when your product arrives! I just added some more cld tiles, ccf, and mlv to my jeep and my music listening experience is much more enjoyable now!

So the well packaged items came today, had no time though for anything but the unpacking...

I'd like to say that this package came in one day... Shipped from MD to NJ in less than 24 hours... Awesome UPS for once..

The tape on this box was something insane.... Opened it up with a carpet tac since I was too lazy and excited to get anything else...lol:

IMG_20101012_220501.jpg

Some samples from the Don and the wood roller:

IMG_20101012_220720.jpg

Here is a glimpse of the CLD tiles I ordered:

IMG_20101012_220852.jpg

I will start to tear down the trunk little by little until the end of the week and then remove the trunk lid for easy installation from the comfort of my living room floor.... lol

:fing34:

Always happy to see a package arrive in the same condition as it left my hands! I do go through a lot of tape :)

So the well packaged items came today, had no time though for anything but the unpacking...

I'd like to say that this package came in one day... Shipped from MD to NJ in less than 24 hours... Awesome UPS for once

I will start to tear down the trunk little by little until the end of the week and then remove the trunk lid for easy installation from the comfort of my living room floor.... lol

It seems like Don ships right when you order also. not a few days later. Great CS!

It seems like Don ships right when you order also. not a few days later. Great CS!

Yea man, I placed my order on Saturday cuz I was too busy during the week to get back to him. But he shipped it out Monday afternoon and I got it Tuesday. That is really good and Don seems nice, he kept asking me for my digits though. Kind of an oddball! o_0 ... lol

It's easier to explain the proper way to deaden vocally, c'mon that's one on one service right there ;)

is that why people on my friend's list here @ ssa keep asking me for my digits? Just thought they were looking for some action.... lol

Lol, I text and talk to a lot of users here on SSA :)

I'm just messing about man... Actually just bored at work and if I continue to speak to these idiots only then I will go insane.... !!!!

Yea man, I placed my order on Saturday cuz I was too busy during the week to get back to him. But he shipped it out Monday afternoon and I got it Tuesday. That is really good and Don seems nice, he kept asking me for my digits though. Kind of an oddball! o_0 ... lol

I have been there when orders come in. Don usually ships same day, if the UPS truck has not come yet. :)

To keep you picture hungry fellas satisfied:

IMG_20101019_161741.jpg

IMG_20101019_161752.jpg

IMG_20101019_161810.jpg

Used this to clean up all the sheet metal:

IMG_20101020_130255.jpg

:drink40:

is that why people on my friend's list here @ ssa keep asking me for my digits? Just thought they were looking for some action.... lol

:roflmao:

So this is the trunk lid for now.. Thinking about doubling it up with SS damplifier pro.. Should I??

IMG_20101020_155422.jpg

So this is the trunk lid for now.. Thinking about doubling it up with SS damplifier pro.. Should I??

IMG_20101020_155422.jpg

Adding more vibration damper isn't going to reduce resonance any further. If you want to stiffen the lid, expanding foam in the ribs might be an option. If you have rattles, wrapping or otherwise isolating or locking down whatever is rattling is the way to go.

If I do the expanding foam, should I seal up the edges of the ribs or would the foam be good enough??