Sign in to follow this  
armstrong

two 12's or one 15?

which setup would hit harder and sound better all around, two rl-p 12"s or one rl-p 15"? also what would be a good amp to power the sub(s)? thanks!

What size constraints do you have?

I agree, if you have the space I would prefer the dual 12's

side note: my friends dad is addicted to SHO's, he has 4 working, and 1 for parts

if this is going in a 94 taurus..u can fit 2 15's in there

when i had my 1990 taurus...i had 2 15's in there ..in a bandpass....so u know my box was big

i know for your taurus..the max height is 17.5inches(under the bars that lift the trunk) the width in between the wheel wells is 36 or 37inches

and the trunk opening is around 15inches

u have aot of space to play with...i actually was able to fit one 18hx2 in my trunk..it took a chit load of space but it was in there

Sonically I prefer two 12's (for a couple small reasons), but they're less practical and more expensive. It's cheaper to run a single 15 to its potential than dual 12's. And single moofer setups are tres sexay

2 12's fit easy, I had a pair of 12's in mine. Loved the car and had 3 of them including 1 that I am sure was one of the fastest daily driver SHO's in the country. Vadim from the SHO shop built mine and it put out 425hp at the crank---almost too wild for a front driver. If you need mechanical help ever, post in auto and I will help too. Have fun with the 12's.