~Abstract~

Fi BTL tinsel broke

OK...so I pulled it again and played it freeair.

still getting a funky rattle.

I discovered if I pull on one of the leads while the subs playing, the noise stops. What does this mean? How should I fix it?

Should I pull on the lead and epoxy it in place?

I've got pics of the spider and felt if those would help. :suicide-santa:

Sounds like the lead under the dustcap came loose, in that case the kit form Fi will fix it

Sounds like the lead under the dustcap came loose, in that case the kit form Fi will fix it

Sorry...the lead came loose and I need a recone?

Sorry...the lead came loose and I need a recone?

No, a lead kit, Nick said it was $15 or so

might be a small chance the terminal set is loose on the mounting point via the nut/bolt combo holding it on causing some noise.

either way, since you said "felt pads" earlier, i would just send it in for a new recone. they have integrated leads now that are the best thing since the internal combustion engine imo.

just build a wooden frame inside a box like they do and ship the ol dog out for an overhaul

might be a small chance the terminal set is loose on the mounting point via the nut/bolt combo holding it on causing some noise.

either way, since you said "felt pads" earlier, i would just send it in for a new recone. they have integrated leads now that are the best thing since the internal combustion engine imo.

just build a wooden frame inside a box like they do and ship the ol dog out for an overhaul

I'm heading to the store for some epoxy here in bit.

I'll pull the dustcap and see what's up. So there's a nut and bolt in there? Whatever's rattling around sure sound's heavy...

Thanks for the input!

OK...didn't take the dustcap off...I figured I'd royally fubar the sub if I tried that.

I just pulled on the noisy lead and shot some instant set epoxy around the lead on the cone. Held it tight for 5 mins and hooked it back up. Sounds good...I think I can hear a rattle on loud low notes...but unless it gets worse, I can live with it. We'll see how long it lasts... :fing34:

I'll be sending the sub off for a recone before too long...I need to research my options for spiders and leads...this is just a temp fix. And for $3...I couldn't be happier.

Thanks for the help everyone!