Sign in to follow this  
2kchevy

Ti came!!!!

Well guys after having a miss-hap with the old skewl kicker (kicker c-series) I decided to go with an eclipse Ti 12" and boy am I one happy person!!!!!! I can't believe how wonderful this thing sounds. I dropped it in the box my RE SE 12" was in (2^3 net) and I know I know it's probably not built to specs but man I just had to test this thing out!!! It sounds a lot better then the SE did with higher range freq probably around 63 and up where the SE lacked. Low end is pretty good too, I might test this sub out in a 1^3 box I got sittin around that's sealed. All n all I'm very happy with my purchase and just wanted to share it with you guys!

:bigok::bigok::bigok::bigok: = me

Where is the damn pic foo !

SE's get low and loud

I'll go snag some pics right now and get back with you. They are night time pics though =(

does anyone have any clue what would be a good sealed box for this Ti? The website doesn't seem to have any recommendations, or if it does I can't find them. I'll probably be sending 750 watts to it via orion 1200D.

if anyone has expereience with it plz chime in.

p10110599ij.jpg

the stuff that's just sittin around =/......

p10110614nm.jpg

kind of a close up, w00ps.

p10110620xy.jpg

another close up. The surround on this thing is massive.

btw, I tested some fireing positions with this bad boy. Found the sweet spot by fireing the port into the back wall. Good lord this thing's output shot up like no other. I'm shaking my entire truck and it's just really really loud, the best part is....it's only getting 300 watts ^_^!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had my 15" in 4.3^3ft tuned to ~24Hz with 750wrms from a Viper d1200.1. I liked it there butsome of the notes ran together and a few songs could be muddy. From what I have heard, around 3^ft ported to something like 32Hz is the sweetest set-up for these babies. Great output, hits all the notes wonderfully and not too big.

I have asked several times about sealed and the response I get from all the users I know is sealed really restricts the performance for the Ti's.

really..........so it's better to run these ported? hmmmmmmm, i'm not sure if I can squeeze 3^3ft out of my truck....actually I know I couldn't do that without a blow through from bed to cab.

Could you find space for 2.5? Again though, I am just going off of what I have heard, my personal experience has only been 4.3^3ft.

excellent choice,

2.5^3 I could probably spare. I'd just need to make the box longer then it is.

fuc* I really thought you could run these sealed. I guess I'll have to call Eclipse later on today and ask them what they would recommend.

Apperantly, many people have had the Tech support at Eclipse give them rediculous or no information about the driver. I hear on several occasions they were even unsure of the current T/S params. You CAN run them sealed but the majority of Ti owners prefer not to.

well I just hope that Eclipse tells me I can run this in a sealed box otherwise I may be in trouble.

well I just hope that Eclipse tells me I can run this in a sealed box otherwise I may be in trouble.

PM warbleed on SoundDomain, he has a great understanding of eclipse subs, he helped me out a few years ago

I just tried to register over there and it says "Sorry, you have attempted to register with an email address that has been banned. Please feel free to email us at %%BBEMAIL%% if you have any questions. "

I've never even been over there, hahahaha.

do you want me to ask him?

do you want me to ask him?

that would be nice of you denim :fing34:

I PM'd him the link on SD, so when he has a chance he should stop by here

I got an answer from tech support the other day. Here's what they said.

"sealed-09 to 1.25 cubic ft

ported- 3.0 cubic ft with a port 12"w by 2"h by 15" long

These mesurements include displacement. The subs take 750 watts rms and 1000 max.

The box depends on what kind of music. For all around, the sealed would be best. "

They didn't answer my question of what's the displacement of the sub. Oh well though. Now I just need box plans for sealed enclosure ^_^ and an orion 1200D!!!!!! 111 lawl n00bs111

I got an answer from tech support the other day.  Here's what they said. 

"sealed-09 to 1.25 cubic ft

ported- 3.0 cubic ft with a port 12"w by 2"h by 15" long

These mesurements include displacement. The subs take 750 watts rms and 1000 max.

The box depends on what kind of music. For all around, the sealed would be best. "

They didn't answer my question of what's the displacement of the sub.  Oh well though.  Now I just need box plans for sealed enclosure ^_^ and an orion 1200D!!!!!! 111 lawl n00bs111

if you hurry, HCCAfan has Orion 1200D's for $285!! :fing34:

I know, he always has bad as* deals whenever I have no money. I mean that really is a bargin but I just don't have the money. Oh well he said it's a special for a couple weeks so maybe I have time to buy one :slayer::woot:

:ghost:

yeah. 285 is so low. man you choose the worst times. lol

FYI, they can easily handle more than 750 from what I have heard. I had 750 on mine and it wasnt really moving (in car). Now in my room though, it wangs like a mutha on 90w. So I'm confizzled.