xAndrew225x

New Trunk Box

I've decided to build a box for my 15" SSD that will fit in my trunk. I was wondering if these numbers sound right or what it really should be. Lol

Box will be 28" wide, 17" tall, and 22" deep. Port is 3.5" wide and 21 inches long. Looking to be around 4cuft tuned around 31- 33hz

Does this sound right?? If not help is very appreciated!

Edited by xAndrewx

I got 3.52 @ 39hz with those measurements after sub displacment and double baffle

With the port 3in wide and 26in long it comes to 3.75 @ 32.5, thats at 12.4cu port area

lmk if that was any help to you

Edited by hardrock2401

I got 3.52 @ 39hz with those measurements after sub displacment and double baffle

me too,

With the port 3in wide and 26in long it comes to 3.75 @ 32.5, thats at 12.4cu port area

lmk if that was any help to you

damn i'm having issues. i had to play with some measurements back and forth a few times. i'm thinking it's supposed to be as you said, '3in wide and 26in long it comes to 3.75 @ 32.5, thats at 12.4cu port area'

does that sound better?

here's what it should look like at 28" wide, 17" tall, 22" deep, 3" port 26" long

2w37rc2.png

whats the car?

whats the car?

99 corolla. lol

trunk is pretty small

Just out of curiousity what amp are you using man?

audioque 1200d

works beautifully :fing34:

k, if firing back, make the box as wide as possible and as short as possible, put a nice big round on the top edge of the box, remove the spare tire cover and all the spare tire stuff (as the box will be on it anyways cant get to it, plus it gains half db ;)) make the box so it is 6-8 inches from the trunk lid. thats all i got really for this, if you want lows, tune to 32-34 hz with a kerf.

k, if firing back, make the box as wide as possible and as short as possible, put a nice big round on the top edge of the box, remove the spare tire cover and all the spare tire stuff (as the box will be on it anyways cant get to it, plus it gains half db ;)) make the box so it is 6-8 inches from the trunk lid. thats all i got really for this, if you want lows, tune to 32-34 hz with a kerf.

thanks for the advice!

the sub will be firing back. i'll probably put some short legs on the front of the box to keep it close to the lid, but unable to slide into it.

looks good to me

sweet, thanks man

anytime man, just lmk if you need anything else