edouble101

Enclosure delimma - quote?

I want a SSA XCON 15D2 in a ported enclosure. I was planning on using a 15" ported Khaotik enclosure for the XCON 15D2. I made a box out of plywood that measures 20"h, 36"w and 18d and tried to fit in the trunk of my 2008 Hyundai Elantra, it will not fit. Therefor the Khaotik enclosure will not fit.

Can you make a ported enclosure for a XCON 15D2 that will fit in my trunk? I have the room for the enclosure, it is getting it in my trunk that is the issue.

Thanks!

All I did was make a very basic box that was the same size as the Khaotik enclosure 20"h, 36"w and 18d.

I wanted to see if I could fit an enclosure that size into my trunk and I can not. So basically an enclosure that measures 20"h, 36"w and 18"d will not fit.

What I need is an enclsoure that is smaller than 20"h, 36"w and 18"d. The speaker that I plan on using is the XCON 15D2.

Based on the XCON 15D2's specifications can you build me a ported enclosure that is smaller than the ported 15" Khaotik enclosure?

I would like to have a kerfed port if possible.

Edited by edouble101

I looked at the SSA website and I think that the dimensions that they recommend will work!!! What do you think?

Edited by edouble101

I am going to mock up another box today that measures 17.5h, 35.5w and 20d. These are the outside dimensions of the enclosure that SSA recommends for optimal ported. I will let you know if this size will fit into my trunk.

How much size do you think a kerf port, internal bracing and a double baffle flush mount will add to this enclosure?

Thanks

Edited by edouble101

Double Baffle is already included in the drawing you referenced. So for flush mount and flared port I would add about 1.5 more inches in depth. A great way to do mock ups is with card board.

Andrew

Double Baffle is already included in the drawing you referenced. So for flush mount and flared port I would add about 1.5 more inches in depth. A great way to do mock ups is with card board.

Andrew

Great. I will mock up including 1.5" more depth. As soon as I get max dimensions figured out I want to order the enclosure from you. Can I call you to work out the details and to give you payment information? If so what is your number?

Thanks

Eric

After numerous test fits the absolute biggest size enclosure that will fit is 35.5" wide, 17"height and 20.5" deep.

I would like to have double baffle flush mount and kerf(flared) port. Do you think that based on my max dimensions there will be enough internal cubic feet for a XCON 15D2? I would like tuning around 30-33hz unless you think other wise.

I am ready to order.

Thanks,

Eric

Mock up box in my trunk :bananaDance:

5106076926_546371f336_o.jpg

Is there anyway you can sacrifice either width or depth for some height.

The mounting diameter of 15 Xcon is 14.125 and the max internal height of the enclosure would be limited to 15.5 inches. So you would be almost screwing the screws into the top and bottom of the enclosure, if the screw gets sideways going in it would split the wood. And this is only for double baffle, you need a min of 18.375 height to achieve flush mount.

Andrew

Unfortunately max height is 17.00". I had the box at height 17.625" and it would not fit. I had to trim 0.625" for it to fit in! Likewise any added material in depth or width and it will not fit. I altered this box roughly 5 times slightly trimming each time to achieve these max dimension.

So it looks like flush mount is not an option for me.

I would like to order an enclosure ASAP. Can you give me your phone number so we can work out the remaining details over the phone?

Thanks,

Eric

Ok here is what I came up with, and might I add your in luck good sir! I'm using your max dimensions!

35.5 wide

17 tall

20.5 deep

4 cubes @32 Hz

Double Baffle, Flared Port

54.25 sq inches of port.

If this sounds good PM me your paypal addy and I will get things moving forward.

The price is $275 plus shipping.

Andrew

Ok here is what I came up with, and might I add your in luck good sir! I'm using your max dimensions!

35.5 wide

17 tall

20.5 deep

4 cubes @32 Hz

Double Baffle, Flared Port

54.25 sq inches of port.

If this sounds good PM me your paypal addy and I will get things moving forward.

The price is $275 plus shipping.

Andrew

:dancing: I am glad it worked out because I ordered the XCON yesterday! PM sent!