splxtreme

12" XCON Le

I'm really curious to see what the Le of an 12" XCON is. My heart has been set on an AE AV-X driver for the longest time, but i keep coming back to SSA and ponder if I should just get the XCON. I don't have an amp yet, it all depends on what driver I decide on getting. My hesitation comes from getting a high xmax driver. Every one I have purchased has such a high Le that they typically never exceed 63hz. yes, I know I could beef up my front stage, but it would require a lot of modification to either fit a larger driver, or another driver. i have an 06 Trailblazer so I have the space, but I would like to keep it as a sealed enclosure. I'm not to concerned with the spl, as I already know the XCON will be a bit louder, but at the same time, I do like to crank it up.

Anyways, I'm looking for some opinions on the kick drum output from the XCON's. I listen to everything, from pop, rap, metal, techno, to even classical. I find that sometimes the kick drums sounded good with the other high xmax drivers, and some didn't. I know it was the frequency, probably something around 70-80, so obviously they didn't play, or did but was such low output. I tried the crossover, phase, box placement, ect.. but nothing improved it, other than losing some low end output.

Do you think the XCON will display a similar kick drum response as the AE AV-X? Thanks for any of your opinions.