Sign in to follow this  
markak134

i blew up my head unit please help me pick a new one

i was installing a voltmeter today and i ran a power wire for it from the front battery threw the firewall and up to around where my headunit is the wire was 8g so i just hooked everything up to see if it was working everything worked fine then i moved the headunit and that power wire touch the back off my headunit it sparked and now the hu wont work i dont know how that could break it it touched the part in the back that looks like a heat sink idk what that part is for its liek ridges any way it made this terrible smell so i guess its broke i didnt like that hu anyway it was a soundstream touch screen one

so for my new hu im looking for one with just buttons and volume knob no touch screen and i want something that is good for having loud bass and decent sq around $150

Alpine CDA-105 is a nice headunit, but it really depends on what features you need...

did you check the fuse?

i checked the fuse it was still intact it just looked melted a bit i put in a new fuse and the headunit still wouldnt turn on i checked all the cars fuses too non were blown

i dont understand how it could of broke all wire are hooked up ill go back and check all the fuses again

did you check the fuse?

i checked the fuse it was still intact it just looked melted a bit i put in a new fuse and the headunit still wouldnt turn on i checked all the cars fuses too non were blown

i dont understand how it could of broke all wire are hooked up ill go back and check all the fuses again

its deffinatly broke its smells fryed this will teach me to disconect the negative battery next time i work