Sign in to follow this  
Ddogsc93

Vented box for 10"FI Q

Yoo! So i was looking for a quote for a 1.2 cuft ported box for a 10" Fi Q. The Sub would face up and the port would face the trunk of the car with a plexi window, double baffle, and flush mount alomost exactly like this guys 12" btl

but 1.2 cubes. Let me know how much that might cost me whenever you can Thanks Alot!!

cool man thanks alot and dont worry about it too much once christmas rolls around i can wait haha

Your looking at $140 plus the cost of the plexi window which varies depending on size.

Andrew

Ight sweet! Well i was thinking of something like 1.2 cubes after displacement which is .12, tuned to 32hz and like 16 square inches of port area per cubic foot.

I thought maybe 14"Wide, 12.5"High, and 12" deep, but that can change around depending on the amount of room needed for the port.

Lemme know what you suggest may need to be changed in order for it to work :dancing:

o and for the plexi glass, i want pretty much as big a window as will work. Maybe 8x10" or so?

Alright the biggest I could really do would be 19in. wide, 15in. high, and 15in. deep

Any updates? you can email me at ddogsc93@gmail.com if you come up with something.

The box is going to be pretty wide, almost 30 inches if we do not change some other dimensions. Right now I have the depth at 14 and the height at 13.25. Let me know what you want to do.

Andrew

The box is going to be pretty wide, almost 30 inches if we do not change some other dimensions. Right now I have the depth at 14 and the height at 13.25. Let me know what you want to do.

Andrew

Dang! for a ten! haha ok well i think we can bump up the depth to about 18", and the height to 14.25", and put the width down to 25" if that works. (let me know if more space is needed, Or if the depth will change other dimensions) :drink40:

While working on the design I had the thought to use aero ports for this box. Would you be opposed to that? It would help keep the box size down by a lot!

Andrew

O yea i forgot about that. Would you just place them where the slot port would normally go? like on the right side of the front?

and would the other options still be used (Plexi window etc.?)

If so, I think that would look cool and work well! go ahead and try it out and i guess let me know what the dimensions might look like :drink40:

(If a kerfed port would also work better i'd be glad to give it a try)

Edited by Technoboy

Here is what I came up with for aero ports:

17.25 deep

10.75 tall

20.75 wide

Flush mount. (1) 3 inch aero port facing the rear of the car, sub facing up.

1.2 cubes @ 33Hz.

$140 for the enclosure. If this looks good then I will figure out what size plexi window we can fit.

Andrew

That sounds like a good size to me! Yea Let me know what the plexiglass options can be for this

I'm thinking of making the plexi window about 18 wide and 7.5 inches tall. Does that work for you?

Andrew

I think i'd like 8in. high if that still works, but 18 in width sounds good. So if 18x8 can work let me know how much it will cost added on!

And how much might shipping run to get down ta south carolina?

Your looking at $80 to put the window in. If that is ok I will get you a quote for shipping.

Andrew

hmm on second thought, i think shrinking the length down on the plexi glass to about 12" would make things easier (that'd be like $53? or a little more)

But yea let me know what shipping will be. i wish i was closer than bumville SC!! haha

That sounds like a good size to me! Yea Let me know what the plexiglass options can be for this

So i'm pretty much ready to buy this thing whenever you guys get to where you can work on all of these projects at your new place. Would this discount apply to the purchase that i plan to make?

Woohoo!! haha yea i saw those pics its lookin good!

Yeaa lets get this thang goin! haha my email is ddogsc93@gmail.com if that's easier for you

Ok current design I have is:

17.25 deep

11.25 tall

20.75 wide

(1) Three Inch Aero Port

1.2 Cubes @33 Hz

Plexi Window 8 tall by 18 wide.

Andrew

Sounds good man!! i'm ready to place the order or whatever haha