FocusInCali

Draconia

Hey guys, I didn't even know this forum was here until someone posted a link elsewhere. Yo Stevo, you should inform your loyal customers of these things. :P

I've had the Zed Audio Draconia for months now and am really happy I bought it. I'll have to take it back over to Zed so Stephen can hear it again with the new Oz Audio speakers.

I replaced one of those $1,000 amps that don't tru-ly stand up to their name.

The Draconia is very clean with no noise, rarely gets warm, is detailed, and has great control.

I've had the bug to go active, just haven't decided between adding a Minilith for the sub, or a BB'd Gladius for the tweeters. :slayer:

I'm interested with the Zed amp, can u describe more (characterisitc, etc)?? Just wondering, what was the amp u replaced it with??

Yeah, I was trying to be subtle.

I had 3 Tru amps tested with a Draconia on an Audio Precision machine.

The Draconia beat all three of them, particularly with lower distortion, and a flatter frequency response, especially at both ends of the spectrum where amps fall off before 20Hz and 20KHz.

There were other things that showed up, but I can't recall how to explain or what terminology to use.

To me, the bottom line was how it sounded in my car. After all, there's no way a $400 amp was gonna sound better than my $1,000 amp. :Doh: ...was I wrong.

As mentioned in the other post, I first noticed less noise floor with the Draconia, then I remember laughing out loud at how much more detail I could hear in the music. That one stumped me because I didn't think that would be affected by amps. Then I noticed how much more control there was in the lower frequencies with the sub and midbass response.

And of course, the amp runs cooler, thanks to that big arse heatsink case, of which I like. It doesn't matter to me, but if I was competing, I might find an alternative mount versus the bulky corners. I built the system for SQ while driving all over SoCal, and now I don't mind traffic as much.

Alpine CDA-9815

Zed Audio Draconia 4ch

Oz Audio Matrix Elite 180CS

Image Dynamics IDQv2 12"

Ford Focus Wagon with front doors dampened with Cascade Audio and deflex pads behind the drivers. Tweeters are in the a-pillars.

OzIDnZed1308.jpg

Yes i picked that one, just want to make sure which model (T-03, T, Hammer??) :D. Hmm make me wanna buy those zed amp. Did u get the amp with burr brown upgrade??

I have an IDQ 12 as well. How does the amp push it? I was thinking about getting some ZED amps, but I'm kinda waiting to see how the big Levithan 6 channel turns out.

I have an IDQ 12 as well. How does the amp push it? I was thinking about getting some ZED amps, but I'm kinda waiting to see how the big Levithan 6 channel turns out.

Let's just say I keep the Sub level output down around +6, out of 15, to keep the sub blended with the midbass and it sounds great. I'll turn it up when I want to "feel it".

My dual 2 ohm IDQ is in a .9cft gross volume sealed box with about 6oz of polyfill, and driven with over 300w at full level output. That's too loud for me to handle for any length of time, but then again I'm 39 and prefer to hear all the music, not just bass. Ok, at least 80 percent of the time. :D

If you want more output, then wait for the Leviathan or Kronos, or get a Deuce now and bridge it for 850w plus at 4 ohms.

Keep in mind, the IDQ is rated for 350w RMS, which is perfect for the Gladius or Draconia bridged at 4 ohms. The Minilith would work with a dual 4 for over 400w at 2 ohms.

The Deuce on 2 IDQ 12" or 15" would be great. :slayer:

I read somewhre that there will be a change to the mounts, allowing for not using those bulky corners, can't remember the details but I read a bunch of posts where people where bishing and SM said there was gonna be an option or sumfin.