Sign in to follow this  
Frostedflakejake

Michigan Tech - Winter Carnival

Its the time of year where Michigan Tech in Houghton, Michigan holds their annual Winter Carnival. Students get this thursday and friday off to enjoy a break in studies and enjoy our vast amounts of snow. There are a few main attractions for Carnival, one is the huge ice and snow sculptures that are made. Most aren't fully complete yet so i won't post pictures of those until tomorrow. The other attraction is a little setup our AES (Audio Engineering Society) chapter puts together. Its mostly the main attraction for young people since you can only look at snow sculptures for so long. Here are a few pics of this years display.

IMG_3176.jpg

IMG_3177.jpg

IMG_3178.jpg

I'll get more pics tomorrow but as tonight was opening night and the all-nighter, its pretty packed out there. In case you missed it, there are 40 mtx thunder square subwoofers and then 24 18" woofers. I was at the meeting when they discussed which 18''s to use but i don't remember. I'll find out tomorrow! I'm pretty sure the mtx's are 12's too. Power supply is in a small trailer behind the setup; the crew was pretty busy finally enjoying their hard work so i didn't want to bother them with questions tonight. The enclosure walls are all snow and just the baffles are particle board as you see. Just thought I would share whats happening up here! What are you guys doing with your snow? ;)

that looks pretty cool actually. i'm currently hating my snow with a passion. its too darn cold.... and all our roads are icing over....

Find out whats powering the subs and what not too if you can..

IIRC, they have 8,000-12,000 rms on stock. It fluctuates depending if all their amps are working or not. No worries, i plan on talking to the guys tomorrow to figure out exactly whats going on! And I'll take pictures too!

sidenote - i grew up in metro detroit and came up here during christmas and all 3 months of summer. The change wasn't nearly as harsh as others but it's still weird man. They don't salt any roads except for the highways which are LIGHTLY salted. It was weird going home for break and seeing asphalt again.