ramos

Attn: Mr. Denim :)

I'm getting ready to go hop on a plane to Florida to sign a contract that should keep my summers pretty busy for the next 4 years. :) I should get back on Monday morning. I'm gonna go ahead and layout the rings, and get the panels wrapped in fleece. If you don't mind I'm going to take pictures along the way and make a pictorial of my crazy ways of doing things. And post them here, and probably over a caraudio.com as well. If this is okay with you that is :)

congrats on the signing of the contract, when I was talking to you about it you seemed like you really wanted it..

as for pictures that would be awesome, since I am not able to be there every step a pictorial would be wonderful, I was going to ask you and Dave about glassing the tweets into the door sails to bring the sound stage up higher, but if you feel it is better to keep them in the original planned location that is cool with me, I sit much lower in this car than in other vehicles so the heigth of the sound stage is not going to be that low to start with,

if you have plans for a few days that you are going to be at daves house give me a heads up I might be able to come down if I have the opening

once again thank you so much for your work so far

Denim,

Are you going to compete with this system or is it just going to be a street boomer? If you are going to compete, which organization are you joining?

Denim,

Are you going to compete with this system or is it just going to be a street boomer?  If you are going to compete, which organization are you joining?

well there is very little SQ in the central MD area outside of SLAP (and then again there was a lot less SLAP comps this year in the area), I would have to catch a very rare IASCA or make the trip down for NSPL or MECA,

I would rather rebuild the explorer for competition, I have never competed SQ, but every year I make a push to compete with the explorer again, first it was I ran out of expendable income, then I was bartending too much, then the transmission snaped, then I was writting my masters thesis, then I was out of money from paying for school, now this year house and baby on the way is the next thing holding me back from having the money, but I swear I am going to get the explorer SPL ready before it dies for good,

with a baby Street C is the biggest I can go, and I am so out of the sport I am not going to jump in with the sharks in SS 1-2NW, and with baby I need rear seat so SM 1-2 (wall) is out of the question now, and Street B is so competitive and crowded that leaves me with only Street C, but I would like to make a stab at rookie level SQ with my car, I dont want to really slam the SLED too much, I want to run a decent amount of power but not aim for a db#, but I know it will be loud naturally

(sorry for the long reply)

Okily dokily, I'll make some progress and post some pics for you el' capitain :)

sweet, I am excited

Well I made some progress, as soon as the battery charges in the camera I got something to show ya :ph34r: :)

Well I made some progress, as soon as the battery charges in the camera I got something to show ya :ph34r:  :)

:bigok::bigok::bigok:

D@mn piece of crap camera :angry2: The light on the charger was out, which means the battery is charged ( supposedly ). Popped the battery in the camera and no power :Doh: Gottta run to Circut Sh!tty real quick for a battery. I promise Aaron I will get you some pics tonight. :)

D@mn piece of crap camera  :angry2: The light on the charger was out, which means the battery is charged ( supposedly ). Popped the battery in the camera and no power  :Doh:  Gottta run to Circut Sh!tty real quick for a battery. I promise Aaron I will get you some pics tonight. :)

ramos no rush man, I might not be able to get online tonight or tomorrow for that matter

don't listen to aaron, we all wanna see pics

Well sir, we have to wait until Wednesday :angry2: nobody carries a battery for my camera. I had to order one at Circut Sh!tty. It should be in by Wednesday. I'm not goin to let this hinder my progress though. I'm going to cotinue to build on the door I'm working on. And hopefully have the camera battery before I start on the second.

p.s. Aaron did I mention how tight of a fit it was ? :D I figured out how to get all four speakers on their though. And it only stands out 5 inches or so at the highest point .:)

Edited by ramos

Well sir, we have to wait until Wednesday :angry2:  nobody carries a battery for my camera. I had to order one at Circut Sh!tty. It should be in by Wednesday. I'm not goin to let this hinder my progress though. I'm going to cotinue to build on the door I'm working on. And hopefully have the camera battery before I start on the second.

p.s. Aaron did I mention how tight of a fit it was ? :D I figured out how to get all four speakers on their though. And it only stands out 5 inches or so at the highest point .:)

damn...we need pics

tell circuit chitty to hurry up with the battery :slayer:

Considering they all can't stand me there. It's amazing the lady I was dealing with was so nice :)

Well sir, we have to wait until Wednesday :angry2:  nobody carries a battery for my camera. I had to order one at Circut Sh!tty. It should be in by Wednesday. I'm not goin to let this hinder my progress though. I'm going to cotinue to build on the door I'm working on. And hopefully have the camera battery before I start on the second.

wow that is amazing, how is the location of the crossovers?

and if you have trouble getting a battery, there is a really nice pro-photography shop near me that I could go get the battery and send it to you

Getting ready to head to cc in a few minutes. They called and my battery is waiting on me .

Crossover location is what I'm working on right now. will be either where the old 6 1/2 " was if I can work them both in there, or where the rear map pocket was if I can't .

Edited by ramos

what did you decide on the door bottom lights? if they are a pain I can live without, did not know if they were in the way

You will see my child, you will see .......... :ph34r: :)

Edited by ramos

Woo hoo got the camera fiasco straightened out. Bastages ordered the wrong battery :Doh: Got the right one finally.

Let's see, they started life like this

post-8-1133183832_thumb.jpgpost-8-1133183870_thumb.jpg post-8-1133183915_thumb.jpg

Add some rings, fleece, fiberglass, resin, and a little body filler and we get this. Notice you still get to keep the rear map pocket. This is just the first layer of filler prior to sanding. Tape on the tweeter is just to hold for pictures, as I haven't mounted anything yet. Look like something you had in mind :)

post-8-1133183955_thumb.jpgpost-8-1133183972_thumb.jpgpost-8-1133184011_thumb.jpg

Edited by ramos

oops forgot this one Just for you Aaron ;) I was able to work them back in :)

post-8-1133184331_thumb.jpg

looks good ramos..looks very good.  the 2 tweets still worry me, but everything else looks good.

Me too , I tried to get them as physically close together as possible. Aaron has the potential to have the loudest front stage I believe I have ever seen. Aaron how much power are you going to run to each door ? :)

Those look very nice indeed. Should be an awesome front stage. Now imagine if it was DIY ... :bigok::D

Going to re-cover the entire door or just the new pods?