Sign in to follow this  
Hostility

Overcurrent

I have had 2 songs make my amp go into protect mode. The amp is cool, Subs are cool, so its not thermal, Not a speaker short, so last would be over current. So would over current mean that the gain is to high for that song, its a high note that makes it do it. So the voltage is spiking to high for the amp? its a saz 2k. I just have to turn deck off, turn back on, and all good again. Does it at high volume/full tilt but only on a couple songs

What is your voltage in these instances?

x2, if your electrical is shit and your voltage drops enough then that's your problem.

Or your gain is set high enough to where you get optimal output from 99% of your songs, but a few songs may have the bass frequencies boosted, so your amp clips the shit like crazy and goes into protect.

If this is the case, turn down the volume knob a couple clicks for these songs.

voltage is above 14 v constant, and i set gains with oscope, and the song is from decaf i believe so it is boosted. So i will just have to turn the remote knob down 1 click. thanks!

Indeed -- being a boosted song it likely tips the amp just past protect limits.

ok thats what i figured. Good thing these amps have that protection mode :) thanks jacob

Sign in to follow this