Sign in to follow this  
turbowrx15

2.48 cu ft. before displacements

Ok well I'm building my new box for one SA-12 it's gonna be 2.48 cu. before port and sub displacement.I'm gonna use one 4" aeroport.It's gonna be sub back port side going in a trunk car tell me what ya'll think?

What kind of car? Does the back seats go down?

Ok well I'm building my new box for one SA-12 it's gonna be 2.48 cu. before port and sub displacement.I'm gonna use one 4" aeroport.It's gonna be sub back port side going in a trunk car tell me what ya'll think?

You'll end up around 2 cubes after woofer and port, so that 2 cubes with a single 4" Aero. That 12^2 port total , so 6^2 per cube.

I would do a single 6" aero personally. to get around 14^2 of port per cube of box.

It's a 02' subaru wrx sedan and i was gonna go with one 6" aero but it would be too long and the center folds down and i'm gonna put 2 end pieces of the aeros in the rear deck where 6x9s would go

Edited by IHUNTEI2

It's a 02' subaru wrx sedan and i was gonna go with one 6" aero but it would be too long.

It's well worth it to make it work. Should be a noticeable output difference.

It's a 02' subaru wrx sedan and i was gonna go with one 6" aero but it would be too long.

I could always take the 4"out and put the 6" in but i think it requires 21 in from one 6" and it only comes like 18 in.

I could always take the 4"out and put the 6" in but i think it requires 21 in from one 6" and it only comes like 18 in.

What would the 18" long tune to?

about 40 or 41 oh and it only comes 17"

Edited by IHUNTEI2

about 40 or 41 oh and it only comes 17"

or maybe two 4" aeros? I have an extra center tube to add to them they require 21" each

and I just got done building it.Came out to be 2.54 cu ft. before displacements is this gonna be too big for one 12"?

and I just got done building it.Came out to be 2.54 cu ft. before displacements is this gonna be too big for one 12"?

Should be fine. I have my GF's 12"s in 2.5 each.

Is that b4 or after displacement?

Is that b4 or after displacement?

I only refer to net air space. So it's after everything.

ok cool.Could you help me figure out how much displacement 1 4" port would be 2.40 is the displacement after the sub and for 35hz 9.60 of one 4" port is required using psp-inc calculator that dont seem like enough port to me should i go with that number or what?help please!!lol

Edited by IHUNTEI2

I still say more port. The single 4" pipe of 9.6" length would take up .06 of a cube.

I still say more port. The single 4" pipe of 9.6" length would take up .06 of a cube.

thanks I'm bout to see if I can fit 2 4" on the side its only like 12x12 on the sides but im gonna see if I put them on opposte corners if they will fit

thanks I'm bout to see if I can fit 2 4" on the side its only like 12x12 on the sides but im gonna see if I put them on opposte corners if they will fit

thats not gonna work so i'm just gonna use 1 4"until i can get a 6" and just buy an extra center tube.

thats not gonna work so i'm just gonna use 1 4"until i can get a 6" and just buy an extra center tube.

Here's the new box!! 2.54

Edited by IHUNTEI2

A 4" aero will work fine. Those flares really cut down on port noise. Sure, a 6" aero would give you more output, but you really don't have the volume to do a 6" port and not end up with a high tuning.

Edit: Fuck it, let Ram give the advice. Clearly he is superior even thought he hasn't been a part of anything truly loud.

Edit: Fuck it, let Ram give the advice. Clearly he is superior even thought he hasn't been a part of anything truly loud.

Having a bad weekend bro? In order to use a 6" port, he'd have something like this: 2ft^3 after sub/port displacement(no bracing included in this), and a 22" long 6" aero giving him a 39hz tuning. Include some bracing and you're even a little smaller and tuned a little higher...no thanks.

Edited by RAM_Designs

Having a bad weekend bro? In order to use a 6" port, he'd have something like this: 2ft^3 after sub/port displacement(no bracing included in this), and a 22" long 6" aero giving him a 39hz tuning. Include some bracing and you're even a little smaller and tuned a little higher...no thanks.

ok I just tuned it to about 31hz with a 13.5" 4" port (i'm gonna raise the tuning up some i didnt glue the whole port together yet) the box is about ready just waitin on my sub :'(

Edited by IHUNTEI2

ok I just tuned it to about 31hz with a 13.5" 4" port (i'm gonna raise the tuning up some i didnt glue the whole port together yet) the box is about ready just waitin on my sub :'(

I'd just cut down on box volume some since you're already a little big with just the sub and a 4" aero taking up space in there(this will also raise tuning a little). What kind of power are you using? Right now you're looking at 2.25ft^3 not including any bracing you may be using. Dropping volume down to 2ft^3 will up the tuning to 33hz.

Edited by RAM_Designs

I'd just cut down on box volume some since you're already a little big with just the sub and a 4" aero taking up space in there(this will also raise tuning a little). What kind of power are you using? Right now you're looking at 2.25ft^3 not including any bracing you may be using. Dropping volume down to 2ft^3 will up the tuning to 33hz.

I got an audiopipe ap1500 i could cut the port down to about 12" and get about 34hz tuning i think i havent checked yet lol