Vehicle Make and Model: 2007 Mazda 3

Direct of Box/Subs: Rear-facing

Sealed or Ported: Ported

Number of Subs: 2

Brand and Model of Subs: Sundown Audio SA-8D4

Max Dimensions: 16Hx40Wx13D

Zip Code for Shipping Quote: S7W 0B3 Canada

Any other notes:

I'd like this to have as flat a sound-curve as possible as I'm looking for sound quality mostly, but not sacrificing SPL for gains that won't be heard anyway. Also, I'd like this to be as thin as possible (have the least depth possible), but feel free to use all the height and width needed. Oh, and I'd like it carpeted.

Thanks for taking the time to give me a quote!

I figured I would post I was fooling around with some internal volume calculations and was thinking of something like 16hx20wx10d, but have no idea how that would sound or if that's too big/small for the subs (or too small to incorporate proper port(s)). I was just going on mounting depth basically.

Edited by Sephious

I'm thinking 1.2 cubes @ 33 HZ. With 8's you typically tune to about 35 so 33 should give them a nice clean sound.

Your looking at $135 for a ported box with carpet color of your choice. If that price is good I will get a design going for you.

Andrew

Edited by Argent Audio

I'm thinking 1.2 cubes @ 33 HZ. With 8's you typically tune to about 35 so 33 should give them a nice clean sound.

Your looking at $135 for a ported box with carpet color of your choice. If that price is good I will get a design going for you.

Andrew

That sounds great. Does that include shipping, or is that extra? Either way you can get started on the design because unless the shipping is totally outrageous I'll take it.

I don't mean to be a bother, but do you have any updates on the design for this?

I don't mean to be a bother, but do you have any updates on the design for this?

Sorry for the delay.

Assuming the shipping weight is 70 lbs which I guessed pretty high. I'm hoping the box should only be about 40.

70 lbs shipping cost is about $100.

If this is ok I will get a design started.

Andrew

Sorry for the delay.

Assuming the shipping weight is 70 lbs which I guessed pretty high. I'm hoping the box should only be about 40.

70 lbs shipping cost is about $100.

If this is ok I will get a design started.

Andrew

That's fine! I understand you're pretty busy.

And yes, that will be fine.

Here ya go!!!

11.75 tall

12 deep

34.25 wide

1.2 cubes @ 33 Hz

Flush mount

Let me know if you want to mess with any of the dimensions. We could easily add some to the depth or height to take away from how wide it is.

Andrew

Here ya go!!!

11.75 tall

12 deep

34.25 wide

1.2 cubes @ 33 Hz

Flush mount

Let me know if you want to mess with any of the dimensions. We could easily add some to the depth or height to take away from how wide it is.

Andrew

Thanks!

Can you add some height and see what dimensions you get? 12 deep is nice because it's pretty thin. Don't add any to the depth at all. After remeasuring, I have a little over 16 inches of height to deal with so feel free to work with 16 inches and under! Thanks again.

EDIT: If you can't add any height without adding depth we'll just go with that design.

Edited by Sephious

I was not able to shave much off because of how long the port need to be. I could switch it up to a labyrinth style port which would move the mounting location of the subs to the far right side of the box. Doing it that way might be able to get another 4-5 inches off the width.

New Dimensions:

12 deep

12.5 tall

33.5 wide

Let me know what you want.

Andrew

Edited by Argent Audio

I was not able to shave much off because of how long the port need to be. I could switch it up to a labyrinth style port which would move the mounting location of the subs to the far right side of the box. Doing it that way might be able to get another 4-5 inches off the width.

New Dimensions:

12 deep

12.5 tall

33.5 wide

Let me know what you want.

Andrew

Whatever you think is going to sound good! If there's going to be an impact on SPL or or ""SQL"" then just go with this build, otherwise it doesn't matter to me what style the box is in :)

Edited by Sephious

I did up the other style and it took up just as much room because the port is so long. So if I could just get your paypal email address I will send you over an invoice. You can send it to me in a PM.

Andrew

I did up the other style and it took up just as much room because the port is so long. So if I could just get your paypal email address I will send you over an invoice. You can send it to me in a PM.

Andrew

Sounds good!

PM sent.