Sign in to follow this  
ricksi30

A few Pics of the latest Mazda 6 build.

So my buddy got a great deal on some Diamond Audio D6 15's . He ditched the Sa-12's and this is what we did. For the amount of power they are getting they absolutely slam. :fing34:

2011-05-20144820.jpg

2011-05-20144810.jpg

2011-05-20133745.jpg

2011-05-20141402.jpg

2011-05-20145854.jpg

2011-05-20151220.jpg

2011-05-20143431.jpg

Edited by ricksi30

Sweet. Cone area ftw :D

For sure. The output difference vs the two sa12's is insane, off of the same power too. The trunk is sealed for the 15's and wasn't with the 12's. He broke his rear view off of the windshield and got pulled over the day we installed them.

For sure. The output difference vs the two sa12's is insane, off of the same power too. The trunk is sealed for the 15's and wasn't with the 12's. He broke his rear view off of the windshield and got pulled over the day we installed them.

damn. Between the cone area and sealing trunk, musta been a huge jump in loudness :drink40:

nice.. installed looks great too!!!

How do the subs sound firing vented into the cab like that? i always wanted a setup like that with the big vent in the middle firing into the back seat,.......is it less "boomy" and more tight/clear sounding , with them firing forward?.....please talk to me

How do the subs sound firing vented into the cab like that? i always wanted a setup like that with the big vent in the middle firing into the back seat,.......is it less "boomy" and more tight/clear sounding , with them firing forward?.....please talk to me

Only fire forward it you seal the trunk. Expanding foam, wood, and other things were used to ensure that the trunk is completely sealed. It sounds great and I don't think it would be wise to listen to it with the seats up if thats what you meant.

Only fire forward it you seal the trunk. Expanding foam, wood, and other things were used to ensure that the trunk is completely sealed. It sounds great and I don't think it would be wise to listen to it with the seats up if thats what you meant.

Oh, my buddy use to have 2 12" kenwoods setup like yours but in a sealed box, but he only had like 200 rms total, i really liked how clear it was and not so boomy compared to when in a trunk facing back.....he had his back seats up and had no probs,.....maybe you mean since its got the big vent...to keep them down? what if i were to do an install like this with the vent in the middle and have the vent in-line and matched up with the backseat arm-rest as a blowthrough....IE not blocking the vent at all? would that work?

Oh, my buddy use to have 2 12" kenwoods setup like yours but in a sealed box, but he only had like 200 rms total, i really liked how clear it was and not so boomy compared to when in a trunk facing back.....he had his back seats up and had no probs,.....maybe you mean since its got the big vent...to keep them down? what if i were to do an install like this with the vent in the middle and have the vent in-line and matched up with the backseat arm-rest as a blowthrough....IE not blocking the vent at all? would that work?

In most cases with a trunk car facing toward the rear is the most ideal unless you seal the box from the trunk.

Its very boomy haha but punchy too. Definitely the best set up I've had in the car! I applied wood and cardboard using liquid nail to block the biggest gaps then sealed around edges with expanding foam. Excess foam was easily removed with a serrated steak knife (haha) and then painted to match the interior.

We'll have to meet up sometime :)

Yeah man tomorrow were doing the box for my Sa's. I'll take a bunch of build pics.

Yeah man tomorrow were doing the box for my Sa's. I'll take a bunch of build pics.

Sweet, maybe we can meet up at the end of this week :drink40:

:)

So something new on the way...anyone need some diamond 15's lol??