Sign in to follow this  
Tedo

Proper setting for Kronos to power up Morel Ultimo 12

Proper setting for Kronos to power up Morel Ultimo 12?

Should I set to flat or LP?

Using a Alpine H701 processer.

If you are using the H701 you can just set the xover on the Kronos to flat and use the crossover in the H701.

If you are using the H701 you can just set the xover on the Kronos to flat and use the crossover in the H701.

Cool,

how about the 2 buttons?

BP or mono?

should i use 4 rcas or just 2 will do?

As from H701 there will be 2 output. . .

The "BP/LP" button shouldn't matter.....setting the slider to "Flat" should override that feature since you are not using the crossover.

The "2ch LP/Mono LP" switch should be set to "Mono LP" to tell the amplifier that it's bridged to a subwoofer (I'm assuming you are bridging the amplifier to the subwoofer).

Use y-splitters on the amplifier end of the RCAs to send an input signal to all 4 inputs.

Does the H701 have a subsonic filter for the subwoofer output? Do you need a subsonic filter (i.e. are you porting your Ultimo)? I guess if you need a subsonic filter and there isn't one built into the H701, that may change the settings a bit.

The "BP/LP" button shouldn't matter.....setting the slider to "Flat" should override that feature since you are not using the crossover.

The "2ch LP/Mono LP" switch should be set to "Mono LP" to tell the amplifier that it's bridged to a subwoofer (I'm assuming you are bridging the amplifier to the subwoofer).

Use y-splitters on the amplifier end of the RCAs to send an input signal to all 4 inputs.

Does the H701 have a subsonic filter for the subwoofer output? Do you need a subsonic filter (i.e. are you porting your Ultimo)? I guess if you need a subsonic filter and there isn't one built into the H701, that may change the settings a bit.

Thanks( I am bridging the amp to the sub)

Have used y-splitters but it seemed to have some small pop sound in between play, once i remove the y-splitters it seemed ok.

H701 does not have subsonic filter, I am running sealed.

It might simply be that the pop sound is there both ways, it's just not as audible without the y-splitter as there is 6db less input into the amplifier.

Does it pop between tracks or only when turning on or off the system?

It might simply be that the pop sound is there both ways, it's just not as audible without the y-splitter as there is 6db less input into the amplifier.

popping in between tracks, having less 6db, what can i do to gain it back?

adjust the gain higher?

popping in between tracks, having less 6db, what can i do to gain it back?

adjust the gain higher?

Yes, you would need to "double" the gain setting. Without the y-splitter you are feeding the amplifier half of the voltage it's "expecting" to see.

Though I think a better solution would be to try to solve the popping issue altogether if possible.

Is it only popping between tracks or does it also have turn on/off pop?

Thanks( I am bridging the amp to the sub)

Have used y-splitters but it seemed to have some small pop sound in between play, once i remove the y-splitters it seemed ok.

H701 does not have subsonic filter, I am running sealed.

wrong, the h701 does have a SSF. just set a HP on the subout to 25hz, poof SSF.