edouble101

ZED Audio RA

Will you please explain function of this component and how it is different than the Epicenter. Thanks.

I read the manual a few times and I probably need to read a few more times again. Very interesting device. I do wish it had stereo outputs instead of a mono ouput but no biggie.

I will be purchasing this soon.

I posted a review at caraudio.com . It is a very nice piece. You won't be disappointed.

Out of the box the unit looks nice.

But....

1. The housing itself is not square (not square shapped but dimensionally square). Not a big issue that just surprises me.

2. A section in the range of adjustment is binding on just about all of the potentiometers. Hopefully this does not affect potentiometer performance.

3. The potentiometers are not centered in their openings on the faceplate.

The "issues" I mentioned should not be a defect that inhibits performance. I have always read of excellent ZED quality but I see appearance flaws with the RA.

Is yours the same hispls?

I posted a review at caraudio.com . It is a very nice piece. You won't be disappointed.

Repost here it here too please. :)

Does the Ra have a subsonic filter?

No.

Out of the box the unit looks nice.

But....

1. The housing itself is not square (not square shapped but dimensionally square). Not a big issue that just surprises me.

2. A section in the range of adjustment is binding on just about all of the potentiometers. Hopefully this does not affect potentiometer performance.

3. The potentiometers are not centered in their openings on the faceplate.

The "issues" I mentioned should not be a defect that inhibits performance. I have always read of excellent ZED quality but I see appearance flaws with the RA.

Is yours the same hispls?

Old thread I know. Not sure about square and centering, will have to check. Certaintly nothing that jumped out at me or I would have probably noticed. My pots are firm but don't stick or hang up anywhere.

Review I wrote is here for anyone who finds this thread:

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/miscellaneous-car-audio-reviews/513865-zed-audio-ra-subwoofer-pre-amp-processor-etc.html

LEDs stopped working in mine, but in it's defense it happened right after I accidentally spilled half a cup of Starbuck's coffee into it so the fact that it still functions otherwise is impressive...

I have not installed mine yet:

ddc997e3e3dc31760f21d97e61fb0836_177070_lrg.jpg